Looking at a '77 KZ650 project

More
28 Sep 2009 14:42 #324494 by Skylar
Replied by Skylar on topic Looking at a '77 KZ650 project
I'm super stoked to get my hands on one, they seem have a rep as faster than everything Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha were selling with comparable size/engine cc's.

The guy who is putting the deal together is dragging his feet a little, but my hope is that by this time next week I'll have one. Until then, I wonder & wait, I don't know anything about except it's loaded with touring gear from the era- Big fairing and bags, that stuff will be relegated to the shed until I can sell it, I'm hoping it's in good shape/desirable so I can trim that much more off of an already cheap purchase.

Hoping for dual discs up front, a dent-free tank, etc. I will be doing a mild custom streetbike, that 70's mean green is the epitome of fast vintage kawasakis so I'm leaning towards a repaint already, unless the paint is really nice.

Wish I had a picture!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2009 16:41 #325517 by Skylar
Replied by Skylar on topic Looking at a '77 KZ650 project
•'77 KZ650 is now designated to be sold to seller's friend, not me..

A shame, I was really looking forward to membership in the 70's Kawa club. It'll have to wait until I find the right local deal, I guess. Thanks for the advice, all your replies made the prospect of owning it very attractive, and the outcome of losing it that much crappier. Oh well. I never even saw a picture of it.

'Til later, I'll be keeping my eyes out for the right KZ or other vintage Kawasaki. Thanks for all the help, very much appreciated.

-Skylar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.