Howdy from Texas

More
24 Mar 2009 11:55 #274903 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic Howdy from Texas
WOW! Glad to hear you are OK,though. Welcome to KZR, post some pix once you get your baby fixed up.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flash Wolfgang
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
25 Mar 2009 19:57 #275435 by Flash Wolfgang
Replied by Flash Wolfgang on topic Howdy from Texas
Tyler wrote:

Flash Wolfgang wrote:

trianglelaguna wrote:

welcome......a little reflection time with a wrench in both hands is good for me sometimes......i am always fixing or replacing stuff between rides and it kinda helps me focus.... i hope your rides are long...your hobby is fun...and your days are sunny for a while.....all is well that ends well...anytime that stuff happens and we are not in the i.c.u it is 100% good day in a way...welcome and keep us posted...craig

I've been a gear head since the womb. Classic 5-years-old-taking-dad's-stereo-apart; but I find something all together more religious about wrenching on my motorcycle. I suppose it's all to do with how visceral the riding experience is.

To tell you the truth, I kind of feel like superman after the wreck. I don't suppose that's a good thing, huh? I hit the pavement at 80, and got up running after the momentum died. Doesn't do anything but bolster that 19 year old invincible self image I have. Someone come slap me. :)

Well my 19 year old invicible self image was removed by the sheriff's department for driving a motorcycle without an endorsement, no license, no registration, and no insurance. And my nearly 170 mph speeding offense made the paper. I was in the country playing on my friends project bike, when I tunred around in a small town there they were, and "they" were not happy with me. Yes a judge can take away your birthday too...

Man glad to hear you made it through in one piece, I hope you take the opportunity to learn the most important lesson you can from this. People do not see motocycles, even crazy fast loud ones. You have to expect that the events that happend to you will ALWAYS happen in those situations. You need to ride like everyone is out to kill you, becasue unfortunately most of them are. Even then you can't always avoid situations that put you in a bad place (like between two cars on the highway) But next time you won't make the same mistake, trusting the guy next to you.

Get your new found friend fixed up, and enjoy one of the best passtimes in life, but remember your life is your own responcibility when you ride, like me you will figre that one out in a few years. Dosen't mean you drive any slower though....;)

Nothin' but the truth. These were the words of wisdom I wished I had respected when I realized I was going to eat it.

The real bitch of it is; I was trying my hardest to avoid that very situation. I wasn't just cruising between those two trucks, I was carlengths behind them. It was the 16 year old Barbie in the Miata riding my ass that prompted my flight.

Such is life. War. Cheese.

More
25 Mar 2009 20:26 #275446 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Howdy from Texas
Greater Dallas area? Welcome partner........looks like were locals. BTW....I dig Barbie.:laugh:

• burkmanofgod
  • User
  • 1981 KZ750H2
More
25 Mar 2009 20:49 #275452 by burkmanofgod
Replied by burkmanofgod on topic Howdy from Texas
Greater Dallas area is just a big hop away. I'm in Burkburnett up around Wichita Falls.

1981 Kawasaki 750 LTD
2006 Honda Shadow 1100 Spirit