My Bike

More
13 Feb 2006 18:48 #23664 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic My Bike
Welcome and keep us posted. B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
13 Feb 2006 18:51 #23665 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic My Bike
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!:whistle: ive allways painted my frames and bodywork the same color and plated everything else,but im getting kinda bored after almost 30 years of doing them that way i need to try something differant!im thinkink about mixing things up like dark blue frame and white or yellow bodywork and then chrome everything else!:whistle: any ideas?

• Heuy Insane Airbrush
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Feb 2006 19:20 #23680 by Heuy Insane Airbrush
Replied by Heuy Insane Airbrush on topic My Bike
O.k. Have you been digging into my thoughts. Ya. Blue and white are killer classic combinations. Yellow is also great to put up against blue. Those have actually been my two base colors but I will be doing alot of hidden things in the candies and again I'll be doing all kinds of Krazy things. But anyhow are you looking to go Mild or Wild? I can't see it very well but you profile shot looks to be one powerful 4 cylider. L.O.L. :laugh: So I presume that you like classics but like to stand out a little. Wheather it be Power or Paint. I personally love the classic paint scemes but in my life I am more prone to aim toward out of control. How many KZs have you owned?

• Heuy Insane Airbrush
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Feb 2006 19:21 #23683 by Heuy Insane Airbrush
Hey thanks Rob. I like the lower scoop on the front of your bike I saw. Killer

• wireman
  • Visitor
13 Feb 2006 19:40 #23696 by wireman
my blue Z1 is in the z1 gallery,and a few shots of red 78 in differant stages in kz1000 gallery.the black 1327 is the bike im currently doing.its down to frame and motor right now,but 2 more bolts and it can be a bare frame really easy. i thought about powder coating but i dont know how hard it would to change later when i get bored again!o.k the motor is coming out,see how easy it is to corrupt me!:whistle: bwaha can we put that texas ride off till july,my plans have just been altered(or as we used to say in the infantry :were not retreating,were just advancing in a differant direction!)how about something semi-radical without being too cheesey?ive had atleast 8 complete kaws,2-3 basket cases and a gs1100 suzuki(yeah i know!)i just bought another 1000 out of a guys basement,make that 4 parts bikes!:whistle: ive allways got room for anoter orphan !

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/02/13 22:45

• Heuy Insane Airbrush
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Feb 2006 20:13 #23707 by Heuy Insane Airbrush
Powder coating is very durable as you know. It is very hard to remove but nothing that a quarter stick of dynamite can't handle. :silly: Seriously though, you can paint a neutral color or favorite color that you can use over and over again with different paint schemes is one idea. But as you know you take a chance of sratching,chips, or poss. fading (depending on color). Powder coating how ever is very durable but is costly to remove and have recoated. I myself am going with paint due to the cost and there is a real good chance I will get bored with the paint. So tuff call unless you have a set idea you want to go with. Wow I don't think I helped there at all.:huh:

• wireman
  • Visitor
13 Feb 2006 20:24 #23710 by wireman
check your pm.ive got some paint i bought for the wifes 99 windstar its not exactly red but it not exactly burgandy kind of in between the two.its basecoat clear coat paint i wonder how that would look on the frame,then paint the bodywork white or something like that?;)

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/02/13 23:34