New Kz owner

More
07 Jul 2008 22:27 #224823 by Cougaro
Replied by Cougaro on topic New Kz owner
Yeah, I read through all the forum posts about cleaning tanks and tried to convince my wife to let me use the dryer. She kept telling no way could I use her clothes dryer in that way :P

The vinager and salt method is working well though. I have the tank completely filled with it and can see the rust coming loose and floating on top of the mixture.

don...that's cool about the shop!! Maybe we can get together later on when I go to overhaul the engine. Either this winter or next....just depends on when I get the money for parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2008 00:48 #224832 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic New Kz owner
I hear ya on the parts thing. I'm going to start collecting parts soon for my rebuild this winter. I'm going to talk to the ex brother in law this week and see if I can use his shop at his other house behind Silverwood this winter for the rebuild since my garage can't be heated.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
11 Jul 2008 20:37 #225653 by Cougaro
Replied by Cougaro on topic New Kz owner
Cool deal. If you need any help this winter, let me know and I'll be happy to help. Oh, the vinager/salt mixture worked very well. The inside of the tank is very clean and rust free. I still installed an inline filter but don't think I'll have any more problems for a while. The bike now growls like a champ and will fly down the road without missing a beat.

More
12 Jul 2008 07:38 #225688 by mr anderson
Replied by mr anderson on topic New Kz owner
SWEET DEAL! must be an Idaho thing. Im down in the Idaho Falls area and just picked up my 77 kz650c for 400$ I rode it home too! anyway welcome to the site, its awesome. have fun with your project.