Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kawasaki Z500 10 Apr 2007 06:48 #128450

• adri4n
  • adri4n's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for the pics, I already have the airbox, I just don't have the boots. The ones on Z1 look like they are all the same size? I'm looking for boots to fit my airbox and I'm not too sure if thats the right size, I can't really tell from the pic if they are the right size.. I've emailed Z1 to ask for confirmation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kawasaki Z500 10 Apr 2007 07:09 #128462

• tellietubbie
  • Visitor
They are the same size.Would you like measurements?:)

Kawasaki Z500 10 Apr 2007 07:16 #128465

• adri4n
  • User
Haha... I was wondering abt the measurements actually. I was also trying to see if i could modify the airbox so it would fit other more readily available boots

Kawasaki Z500 10 Apr 2007 07:41 #128472

• tellietubbie
  • Visitor
Not sure if thats a good idea,numbers 1 and 4 hoses have a curved section which sits inside the airbox,I think this is to try to equalise air velocity between the four,you could be creating problems by modifying the setup.Looking at it, this also explains why the holes are different diameters.[to accomadate the sweeping curve]
Measurements [hoses]:
number 1 carb end. 47.5mm E.D.
number 1 airbox end.45-46mm at the point at which the two components sit together.
number 2 carb end. 47.5mm E.D.
number 2 airbox end.39.5mm at the point etc.
Measurements [Airbox]:
number 1 hole. 47mm I.D.
number 2 hole. 39.5mm I.D.
See piccy to understand size of number 1 airbox hole.
Regards.
Attachments:

Kawasaki Z500 10 Apr 2007 07:52 #128475

• adri4n
  • User
Many thanks for all the pics and measurements. I've sent an email to Z1 just to double check that the boots they have will fit my airbox. I still do think that they are a little pricey for just a set of rubbers and what I'm paying for the boots and airbox and filter will already be more than 100+ AUSD, and considering I only paid 500AUSD for the bike, its hitting me alittle, but I guess I don't really have a choice either. :S

Kawasaki Z500 10 Apr 2007 08:05 #128479

• tellietubbie
  • Visitor
It'll be worth it,the 500 is quite rare these days,if you have a look in the gallery you'll see what I mean.
Don't be put off ordering stuff from across the planet,I've had spares from all over Europe and on one occasion New Zealand [float valve assemblies].There is as we speak a brand new 500 cylinder block available for 200 euros.
Most parts are available if you know where and how to look,[re:search terms].
Best of luck, need any info just ask.

Kawasaki Z500 13 Apr 2007 02:56 #129545

• adri4n
  • User
I'm not really put off ordering things online, its just the price tag that comes with it :pinch: Anyways, I've confirmed the boots with Z1, and I've also ordered the air filter, just waiting for the items to arrive before I fiddle anymore with the bike. After that I think I'll leave it and see if it runs properly before I decide to spend more money to restore it.

I was thinking of cafeing the z500, but now I'm leaning towards just restoring it to its original glory, seeing that its so rare these days.:woohoo:

Kawasaki Z500 13 Apr 2007 03:21 #129550

• tellietubbie
  • Visitor
Hi adri4n, there were 16000 units produced worldwide,you've got one, Ive got two:woohoo:
AND theyre faster than the 550B)

Kawasaki Z500 13 Apr 2007 03:28 #129551

• adri4n
  • User
Haha.. yeah, they are quite rare, I've had a few ppl notice it before and they've never seen one before. I wouldn't know how fast they go, at the moment its not running too well, I've heard that they've also been used as racing bikes, I hope that they perform as well as I hope. :evil:

Kawasaki Z500 13 Apr 2007 03:40 #129553

• tellietubbie
  • Visitor
111.8mph
www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=17410

Post edited by: tellietubbie, at: 2007/04/13 06:43

Kawasaki Z500 13 Apr 2007 04:36 #129562

• adri4n
  • User
Yeah, I've seen that claim before, can yours get up to that speed? I've also been corresponding with another guy in Australia who has a Z500, he says he can probably go to 100+kmph before it starts to tankslap and the vibrations get too wild, Can it really get that fast in stock condition?

Kawasaki Z500 21 May 2007 17:11 #142140

• Nobby Sinclair
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Gday. I noticed that you have the same bike as me!If you're in Sydney I can recommend a mechanic who loves the z. Also ... I noticed that you have a manual in pdf format. Is there any chance You could email it to me? This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.