Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brakes 19 Mar 2017 06:32 #757102

• gordone
  • gordone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 67
The front brake is not so powerfull is shall be, I`m fare away from being abel to block the wheel.
I have tinked about just try to bled of air and see if it`s get good enough or not.

Questions:
1. If I goes for full overhall of the brakes, where can I get parts for it?
2. If you take a look at the picture there a small leak on the piston, can I fix these? how?
If I take all parts from each other and use break cleaner and a sand paper on the piston,
will it be good then ? no leak?
3. look at the bleeding screw... how can I mount a pipe on it ? hehe is`t damage ? so I need to replace the bleeding screw with a new one?
The brake on the other side of the wheel have a ordinary bleeding[size=][/size] screw....
1981 KZ650-D4, with 1981 z750L engine (Wiensco 810 big bore).

Project:
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/607213...sr-1981-z750l-engine
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brakes 23 Mar 2017 07:39 #757462

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1619
First, the 650-D4 wasn't sold in the USA, so for finding parts it might help to figure out what other models are the same or similar.
If your brake pads are the rectangular type with the ears as shown in the 81 650 manual, then they're probably the same as the 750E/H.

1) Z1Enterprises.com. Partzilla. Cyclebrakes.com -->> lines.
2) the piston o-ring/seal may need replacing & the piston doesn't look right --- it appears to have grooves -->> from wear???
3) Replace the bleeders. speed bleeders are handy. yours are probably 7mm x 1.00. Z1Ent.

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Brakes 25 Mar 2017 13:11 #757631

• gordone
  • Sustaining Member

martin_csr wrote: First, the 650-D4 wasn't sold in the USA, so for finding parts it might help to figure out what other models are the same or similar.
If your brake pads are the rectangular type with the ears as shown in the 81 650 manual, then they're probably the same as the 750E/H.

1) Z1Enterprises.com. Partzilla. Cyclebrakes.com -->> lines.
2) the piston o-ring/seal may need replacing & the piston doesn't look right --- it appears to have grooves -->> from wear???
3) Replace the bleeders. speed bleeders are handy. yours are probably 7mm x 1.00. Z1Ent.

I have taken som photos:
temp.dynamitt.net/div/MC/brake/

They have ears?

Project:

Last edit: by gordone.

Brakes 25 Mar 2017 13:49 #757639

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2658
Compare your brakes to those from the OEM parts fishe like at Partzilla. From a quick check your calipers look same as the 1980 750H brakes.

I'd use compressed air to pop out the pistons. Be sure to use a rag to cushion the piston or it can shoot out with force (keep your fingers away). Inspect the pistons and replace them if there is any pitting on the sealing surface. Then replace the seals and reinstall the pistons back after a good cleaning. Also, grease the sliding pins using heavy moly type brake caliper grease. Changing the lines should be done upon reassembly and consider taking apart the master cylinder and cleaning that too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Brakes 25 Mar 2017 14:00 #757643

• gordone
  • Sustaining Member

Nessism wrote: Compare your brakes to those from the OEM parts fishe like at Partzilla. From a quick check your calipers look same as the 1980 750H brakes.

I'd use compressed air to pop out the pistons. Be sure to use a rag to cushion the piston or it can shoot out with force (keep your fingers away). Inspect the pistons and replace them if there is any pitting on the sealing surface. Then replace the seals and reinstall the pistons back after a good cleaning. Also, grease the sliding pins using heavy moly type brake caliper grease. Changing the lines should be done upon reassembly and consider taking apart the master cylinder and cleaning that too.

Thank you, the doubt I have is, what I shall do.... I want to start build cafe racer next winter, so my plan was to overhaul the calibers and replace the brake fluid. And next winter change the piping and master brake cylinder when I change the steering...

But maybe these is a bad plan... must do a new overhaul of the calibers next winter again since I havent change the piping and master cylinder?

I think you are correct when it comes type of brakes:

Front:
www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Kawasaki/...780+H1%29/parts.html

Rear:
www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Kawasaki/...780+H1%29/parts.html

Project:

Last edit: by gordone.

Brakes 30 Mar 2017 07:57 #758120

• gordone
  • Sustaining Member
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI have found front and rear kit:

Front kit here:

Rear kit here:

The thing is that I`m going to rebuild the bike to cafe racer on th end of the summer. So will lower the sterring av have new master cylinder / handle etc... But I can properly just by new now? I don`t see any point overhaul the exsting master cylinder when I`m going to replace the whole item anyway....
Questions:
Where can I purchase a good quality complete brake handle / master cylinder ?
Where can I purchase quality rubber hoses?
New brake pads?

I will then do a complete overhaul of the brakes.

Project:

• Page: