Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re:Kawasaki vs Suzuki frames. 20 Nov 2015 13:30 #699646

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611

750Kruzer wrote:

swest wrote: Working on my neighbor's Aprilla I didn't like the way the forks were pressed into the axle bosses. Kinda flimsy to me. Also the fact the fork tubes are low to the ground where dirt and rocks can hit them. The wrap around fender is a turn off too. Bulbous and ugly. The forks look great and the brakes are state of the art. The weak link is at the axle. :unsure:
Steve

Are those the contemporary "reverse-type" forks?

Yeah, the upside down ones. Good idea and I'm sure the work better. I shouldn't have used the word ugly. It's just my taste. Davido has made a fender I really like but with the new style forks, there's no protection for the tubes.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: 750Kruzer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Kawasaki vs Suzuki frames. 20 Nov 2015 14:12 #699655

• redhawk4
  • User
  • Thank you received: 64

swest wrote: I have a box of wheel weights. Should I slip them in? How much weight? My bars don't seem to vibrate as much as I remembered. The mirrors do though. Been looking for rubber dampers for them. I saw a set on ebay used but they wanted $35 and crazy shipping.
Steve

It's funny with my 73 Triumph Tiger you think the vibration is terrible until you don't try and look in the mirrors, then you notice it 10 times less. It's a different vibe than the KZ buzz, but trying to squint in the mirrors had me thinking something was wrong with the bike whereas the actual felt vibration is completely different if you just look ahead and enjoy the ride. Trouble is you can't see Police cars. Some people don't have mirrors on their Triumphs for this very reason.
1978 KZ1000A2 Wiseco 1075 kit
1977 KZ650B1
1973 Triumph Tiger TR7V
1968 BSA Victor Special 441
2015 Triumph Thunderbird LT
1980 Suzuki SP400

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

Re:Kawasaki vs Suzuki frames. 20 Nov 2015 14:20 #699656

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
I can spot them a mile away. The new CHP SUV's are hard to spot though.
Steve