Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Funky turn signal indicator 17 Sep 2016 18:22 #742664

• Tector
  • Tector's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I've noticed with my KZ 1000 Police model that the turn signal indicator lights, in the instrument cluster, are kind of funky. They malfunction intermittently, no apparent pattern. I've noticed 2 abnormalities.

First, they will sometimes glow faintly when I'm not signalling a turn; both will glow, and so faintly that it's hard to see, except at night (I think that it does happen during the day, but I just can't tell because of the higher level of ambient light; on one very overcast day, though, I think I saw it). Again, this is not constant, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it (that I can recognize).

Second, on those occasions where they both glow faintly when I'm not signalling a turn, it seems that when I DO signal a left turn, the right indicator light will flash, but only faintly, like some electricity is "bleeding" over into that light from the other. Same thing happens to the left turn signal indicator when I signal a right turn. This is intermittent, like the first problem.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Funky turn signal indicator 17 Sep 2016 21:22 #742683

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
What year is your bike? I guess I would check the bulbs, sockets & socket connectors to see if there's corrosion or poor connections or something.

Re:Funky turn signal indicator 17 Sep 2016 22:59 #742687

• Julian_Boolean
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
You've got a bad earth somewhere and something is earthing back through the indicator circuit, good luck finding it, most likely place is where the loom gets moved when you steer.

• Page: