• Page:

TOPIC:

Re:Re: Carburetor Removal??? 27 Aug 2014 11:41 #645375

• kzdcw
  • kzdcw's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 77' KZ1000A
  • Thank you received: 13
Martin, the o-rings for the carburetors that I think I would need the most is the ones for the Main Jet and Pilot Screw. I don't know what sizes they are? Do you think they would be in the HF nitrile kit?

Also, besides buying a complete rebuild kit, do you know where there is a good source for the Top Chamber Gasket and Float Chamber ( bowl ) Gasket?
77' KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Re: Carburetor Removal??? 27 Aug 2014 14:56 #645400

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
What carburetors are on your bike? VM26? I get most of my carb stuff at Z1Enterprises.com. They have the gaskets listed for your bike & they probably have all of the o-rings --- that would make it easy.

From the diagrams at Kawasaki.com, the pilot jet does not appear to have an o-ring --- maybe you mean the pilot adjusting screws? The main jet & pilot adj screw o-rings are static, so close enough should work --- I bet the HF kit will suffice, unless the p. adj o-rings are tiny. The kit has the main jet o-rings. One o-ring the kit doesn't match is the starter plunger o-ring -- those have a thin cross-section compared to the diameter --- Z1Ent probably has them or the dealer as they are an Active part.

Note: Before ordering gaskets, I would look at the ones on the bike & compare them to photos provided by whatever seller. Just make sure they have the same shape.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: