Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Priming? 23 Aug 2014 12:22 #644903

• phillyman2633
  • phillyman2633's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys so probably a stupid question, but my bike ('82 KZ750N1) has been in storage for the last 3 months or so. I just moved down to Puerto Rico and the bike is getting shipped down here. In order to meet requirements for the freight company, I had to remove the fuel tank and disconnect the fuel hoses.

When the bike gets here, what do I need to do in order to prime the carbs?

Thanks
Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49% - Thomas Jefferson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Priming? 23 Aug 2014 12:27 #644904

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Nothing special needed. Just fill the fuel tank and turn the petcock to "Pri" and the carbs will fill with fuel. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN

Priming? 26 Aug 2014 18:29 #645298

• phillyman2633
  • User
Thanks for the reply Ed. My petcock is On/Off/Res...so just turn it to ON then?
Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49% - Thomas Jefferson

Re:Re: Priming? 26 Aug 2014 19:27 #645305

• Tomolu5
  • User
  • Thank you received: 45

phillyman2633 wrote: Thanks for the reply Ed. My petcock is On/Off/Res...so just turn it to ON then?

yep
Mine:
04 Honda rebel 250(wifes)
04 GSXR 750(bolt on galore)
98 CBR 600F3(filter, pipe, adjustable cam sprokets, dyno tune)
76 KZ900A (LTD gauge pods, crash bars, LTD(style)pipes, dyna coils and ignition,headwork and mild port cleanup by cavanaugh racing, K&N filter pods, heck I dunno.

Re:Re: Priming? 26 Aug 2014 19:36 #645308

• phillyman2633
  • User
Hmmm seems too easy to be true.....EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION lol jk cool thanks guys. Can't wait to take this lady around the island. Only thing is...I gotta wait for the crate to get here, offload it, get the bike back to my house without getting a ticket, get my motorcycle endorsement because my Florida endorsement doesn't transfer for some reason (which means riding my bike to the testing course without getting a ticket because they don't provide the bikes there and I don't know anyone else that rides down here) and paying excise tax on the import and registering the bike and so on and so forth so I should be up and riding by sometime later this decade lol

• Page: