Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Air screw position/ jetting 01 May 2014 10:32 #631041

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Glad you're getting closer. But #79 drill would make the pilot richer than the #80 drill. The holes get bigger as the drill numbers get smaller. Either way, you now have 34 pilots (#80drill), and 37 pilots (#79drill).

Be sure to check fuel levels too, before going too far into tuning. That is the first step in setting the carbs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dbuttsvfs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Air screw position/ jetting 01 May 2014 13:14 #631058

• Dbuttsvfs
  • Dbuttsvfs's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
thanks yea i got a little switched up there but as for the fuel levels do i have to adjust float individually?
i did the outside with the clear tube and then made all other floats match. i could do individually except for one as the tube coming out the bottom broke off before i got the bike.
i guess i could tap something in or even find a bowl on ebay. i just figured if they all matched with all new rebuild kit (old floats) it would be close enough but if your saying any variance makes large differences maybe i need to revisit them
1982 kz550-c3

Air screw position/ jetting 01 May 2014 13:57 #631061

• loudhvx
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 1615
Typically, yes, you would check them each with a clear tube. The bike has to be perfectly level on the centerstand so the left and right inner carbs can be measured up against the outer carb lips.

But if a bowl drain is broke, it's not easy. You can try swapping bowls temporarily, but often the gasket may not match up etc. If you put in all four new fuel valves and all of the floats are matched up, as I describe on the website, that will likely be good enough. You can re-visit the fuel level if the jetting seems off on the one or two inner carbs based on the plugs.

• Page: