Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ750B balancing chain timing 14 Aug 2016 15:08 #738660

• Mk2Rookie
  • Mk2Rookie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi, can someone talk me through the balancing chain timing ?
I am assembling my KZ 750 twin engine but having trouble understanding the balancing chain timing. The manual talks about "chrome plated links", am i looking for shiny links ? Can i count the links in the picture and do it that way ? I see the punch marks but not any marks in the chain. I am a bit confused.

Thank you!

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ750B balancing chain timing 15 Aug 2016 11:36 #738766

• Mk2Rookie
  • Mk2Rookie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I got the balancer chain timed correctly. Found the 4 links that used be brighter than the rest of the chain, marked them with a marker and used a cable tie to fixate the chain to the guide so the timing would not change when putting the lower case on the upper case. Easy enough when you know how!
BUT ! The balancer chain is pushed so far down by the tensioner it is touching the inside of the casing.
Can anybody tell me if this is because of chain wear or tensioner wear? Can't find anything in the manual. Can't font parts. I'm lost!
The engine only has 18000 miles on it, how could that big of a chain wear that much so fast? Or am I missing something about the tensioner ... Any experience with this ? Anybody ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: