Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1983 kz750 spectre 05 May 2016 00:05 #724652

• Django89
  • Django89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Im looking to do a couple of things to my bike and i looking for info on some thing's. I want to o
Do a chain conversion. Im looking at a 1982 kz750 e3 output shaft. Is this going to work with my bike? Second what rear swing arm will work qoth my bike? And im looking to replace my.front forks. I thinking usd forks. Whats the best to use? 99 r1 front end. And im looking for and output shaft backplate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1983 kz750 spectre 05 May 2016 22:34 #724839

• Django89
  • Django89's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Anyone

1983 kz750 spectre 06 May 2016 05:24 #724846

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
I've never heard of a shaft-to-chain conversion on a 750, but I'd guess it's possible since it has been done on the 1000s.
It's going to take quite a bit of work as I'm pretty sure you'll have to split the crankcase.
Here are a couple of topics. google search = kz1000 shaft drive chain conversion. you can try other searches.

KZRider topic --- 1979 KZ1000 shaft to chain conversion --- by SpikeJ
This is an old topic. he mentions a photo blog that might still be floating around the internet somewhere.

custom fighters --- SpikeJ topic --- see reply by Mustapha-dump
He provides some of the particulars.

Forks. search KZR for KZ750 fork swap or something like that. All-Balls-Racing has a cross-reference for figuring out what fits what. Basically, there have to be bearings that will mate the donor steering stem to your frame, then have the steering stem machined --- I guess cut to the correct length, then the end re-machined or something like that.

Rear end. do a KZR search for KZ750 swing arm swap.

Last edit: by martin_csr.
  • Page: