Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

won't turn over and no neutral light 18 Apr 2015 09:37 #668533

• jakedude
  • User
  • Thank you received: 30

coolio2015 wrote: I've tested the clutch switch and starter button in fact change state.

So now check at the starter relay (or solenoid if you prefer). The starter button switch lets current flow from 12V through the clutch switch which then energizes the starter relay which closes a high current switch connecting the battery directly to the starter motor. As old man rock mentions, on some models the kick stand switch is in the mix as well between the starter button and the starter relay. If you have voltage on the control terminal on the starter relay from the starter button switch, then maybe you need a new starter relay. If no voltage at the control terminal, then you need to find the open in the circuit.

The neutral light could be a red hearing. Neutral switches are notoriously unreliable in my experience. Mine wont work at times. In your case however it may be pointing to the problem. The circuit for the neutral light is simply 12V through the bulb to the switch which when the bike is in neutral connects the circuit to ground illuminating the bulb. Since that is also not working I would check all the multi-wiire connectors that connect both the starter and neutral light circuits.
Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jakedude.

won't turn over and no neutral light 22 Apr 2015 16:24 #669188

• coolio2015
  • coolio2015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi
Thanks for all the replies...

I'll try what you've all mentioned...

Thanks again.

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: