Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 25 Apr 2015 19:48 #669566

• ezrider714
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38

kaw-a-holic wrote:

ezrider714 wrote: This is not someone that should be working on a motorcycle, whatever the issue is :dry:

We all had to start somewhere.

This is true :ohmy: However we all know that one friend that should never be given access to a toolbox :whistle:
Trying to follow the post's from the OP, makes me believe they fall into this category :huh: JS
If you don't have the mechanical aptitude, to do this work,putting your life on the line on 2 wheels, is not the best choice nor is trying to promote such a possibility :unsure:
78 KZ650SR Mine since 79
4-1 Mac Jet Hot coated since mid 80's
Dyna Coils
Saddlebags (I ain't skeered of going nowhere) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 25 Apr 2015 20:57 #669570

• chconger
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14

Gjason89 wrote: Today I have come to a oil change, filter change and check if any gaskets are needed. Here's what I have come down to I have been having a very slow dripping oil leak since I got the bike. I have cleaned all the gunk and oil. I believe the oil leak is coming from the "shaft" were the gear changing lever mounts to. Since it is the highest park were the oil is wet. It is a bit wiggly and I can squeeze oil out when I wiggle if around. What is this "o ring" or gasket called so I can look into ordering that along with the valve cover gasket since it to leaks from there.
Mean while waiting for those parts I'll plan on adjusting my floats since they leak on 3 and 4.

Sounds like you have leaking "oil seal" round your gear shifter shaft. That seal would take a lot of abuse over time and will fail. Fairly cheap to replace.

Generally oil seals are sold in kits for your bike.
1977 KZ 1000-A

Somebody PLEASE HELP!!!! :angry: 25 Apr 2015 21:01 #669571

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
Asking for opinions can sometimes lead to undue criticizem.
Steve