• Page:

TOPIC:

Kerker Baffle-ectomy 17 Feb 2015 11:06 #661868

• Glenn
  • Glenn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1984 KZ1100R, 2015 Versys650 LT, 2008 KLR685
  • Thank you received: 13
I've considered the slide-hammer, but the only place where I can get a 'bite' of the baffle is at the inside of the cap at the end of the baffle. Given the force it will take to free it, that cap looks quite fragile and there might be a chance that I could rip the cap right off of the baffle end. On the inside end of the baffle, it is completely flush with the inside of the megaphone, situated exactly at the bend of the megaphone. There is nowhere to get a bite at that end of it.
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.
Steve McQueen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kerker Baffle-ectomy 01 Mar 2015 10:52 #663073

• Glenn
  • Glenn's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • 1984 KZ1100R, 2015 Versys650 LT, 2008 KLR685
  • Thank you received: 13
Success! I took the megaphone to a shop to see if they could get it out. It sat there for 5 days and they didn't touch it, I guess they were allergic to money so I took it back. I went to a classic bike enthusiast coffee get together yesterday with a friend. I happened to have the pipe with me and told him about my plight. He said, "lets see what we can do". He took out a piece of hardwood and we started to bang it straight down to try to get the baffle to start moving out. Be darned if it didn't work! In 5 minutes we had it apart. Now I'm going to clean up all the contact surfaces between the baffle and the megaphone so it'll be easier to deal with next time. :cheer:
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.
Steve McQueen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Glenn.
  • Page: