Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cam chain tensioner conversion 22 Sep 2014 17:50 #648400

• cafebrat
  • cafebrat's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey guys, I've had an obnoxious tick coming from what I believe is my cam chain. The first few minutes of riding it'll be pretty quiet but at the engine warms up it begins to intermittently tick and then constantly in sync with Rpms. From idle all the way through full throttle or at least until I can't hear it anymore. After I checked my valve clearances a few weeks ago the sound was really quiet for about two days and then came back. So anyways, I'm thinking that swapping my auto cam chain tensioner for a APE manual tensioner will help apply slightly more pressure than the auto and quiet it down. When swapping the tensioner do I need to pop my valve cover off for any reason? Or can I just remove my current tensioner per the manual instructions ( although at this point in the manual the valve cover is off) and then install the new one and turn the engine from dead center until it tight? Any insight would help, and also if anyone knows anything else I could look at to stop this annoying Tick/rattling noise would be muuuuch appreciated
83 Kawasaki Kz1100 LTD
81 Honda cm400
72 Suzuki T500 Titan** 2-stroke B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: