Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Puzzled when engine heated up 17 Sep 2014 18:00 #647888

• koloj
  • koloj's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Well cylinder three and four feel hotter on one side of the bike one two not as hot what might be the problem runs good till gets hot I think may be overheating I don't have and backfire or sputter runs good threw each gear 1980 kz750 four h1 have pilot screw out pretty far on them both

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Puzzled when engine heated up 17 Sep 2014 18:12 #647889

• nickleo373
  • User
  • Thank you received: 33
Do you have the carbs synced and valve clearances checked?
1981 KZ550C LTD
"If you ain't first, you're last"

Puzzled when engine heated up 17 Sep 2014 20:57 #647905

• 74ullc
  • User
  • Thank you received: 23
well problem is common in these bikes is you problem to be fixed is easy you need to move the fan from the left side with the one two to the other side three four to make cool air move by the three four side more than side one two that should fix it no sputter is ok if you need to you can buy another fan to have one of the fans on side one two and then on side three four another fan to blow air on both one two and three four sides at same time so that sides one two three four will each have air moving threw them to make one two and three four cool as each other then you can have extra fan for if it gets hot on a heated day in the house to blow the cool air into the room and threw the side of the house thats hotter but i dunno sounds like h1 is pretty ok with screw out pretty far maybe to move them back into the threw motor side one two three four and see if that helps one and two i guess three four would then be ok but you have the extra fan so no problem
Gulf Coast, Texas
1977 KZ1000LTD
1984 VF700F
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

Puzzled when engine heated up 18 Sep 2014 05:25 #647919

• Nessism
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2672

nickleo373 wrote: Do you have the carbs synced and valve clearances checked?

Agree with this question. You can't diagnose running problems on a bike that doesn't have all the maintenance up to date.

Puzzled when engine heated up 18 Sep 2014 09:11 #647952

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510

74ullc wrote: well problem is common in these bikes is you problem to be fixed is easy you need to move the fan from the left side with the one two to the other side three four to make cool air move by the three four side more than side one two that should fix it no sputter is ok if you need to you can buy another fan to have one of the fans on side one two and then on side three four another fan to blow air on both one two and three four sides at same time so that sides one two three four will each have air moving threw them to make one two and three four cool as each other then you can have extra fan for if it gets hot on a heated day in the house to blow the cool air into the room and threw the side of the house thats hotter but i dunno sounds like h1 is pretty ok with screw out pretty far maybe to move them back into the threw motor side one two three four and see if that helps one and two i guess three four would then be ok but you have the extra fan so no problem

Huh?

Puzzled when engine heated up 18 Sep 2014 14:37 #647995

• 74ullc
  • User

baldy110 wrote:

74ullc wrote: well problem is common in these bikes is you problem to be fixed is easy you need to move the fan from the left side with the one two to the other side three four to make cool air move by the three four side more than side one two that should fix it no sputter is ok if you need to you can buy another fan to have one of the fans on side one two and then on side three four another fan to blow air on both one two and three four sides at same time so that sides one two three four will each have air moving threw them to make one two and three four cool as each other then you can have extra fan for if it gets hot on a heated day in the house to blow the cool air into the room and threw the side of the house thats hotter but i dunno sounds like h1 is pretty ok with screw out pretty far maybe to move them back into the threw motor side one two three four and see if that helps one and two i guess three four would then be ok but you have the extra fan so no problem

Huh?

Bingo.
Gulf Coast, Texas
1977 KZ1000LTD
1984 VF700F

Re:Puzzled when engine heated up 18 Sep 2014 14:56 #647998

• koloj
  • User
Bike never had fans though

Re:Puzzled when engine heated up 18 Sep 2014 14:59 #648000

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Fan =

Attachment 00003a_2014-09-18-2.jpg not found

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 74ullc, nickleo373

Puzzled when engine heated up 18 Sep 2014 19:33 #648019

• 74ullc
  • User
Where the heck is that facepalm button?
Gulf Coast, Texas
1977 KZ1000LTD
1984 VF700F

Re:Re: Puzzled when engine heated up 19 Sep 2014 05:12 #648034

• koloj
  • User
Umm might found my problem took the head off for benefit of my satisfaction and by the look of the carbon 1 and 2 don't have much and three and four look carbon even when removing head gasket had oil trapped in between it... The relief valves not hitting the piston and must been just that spark plug cause other I bought never closed...
Attachments:

Re:Puzzled when engine heated up 19 Sep 2014 06:00 #648041

• koloj
  • User
Think the coil packs might be bad cause runs good but number was running bad cause no gap it died on me the first time I rode it long when I got home it killed itself but when cooled down started right up timing perfect and valve clearance good

Re:Puzzled when engine heated up 19 Sep 2014 06:10 #648042

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
  • Thank you received: 62
No offense to anyone, but I am just generally puzzled by all the garbled syntax....
1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo

• Page: