Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Parts? 22 Jul 2014 17:22 #640990

• lhemrick
  • lhemrick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Can one of you good chaps steer me toward a website that will let me look at a Kawasaki parts fiche for bikes older than 1984. I found one the other day but now it escapes me. I have recently purchased a pile that used to be a 1980 KZ750H and I'm going to need parts.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Parts? 22 Jul 2014 17:31 #640992

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
Powersportswarehouse.com
Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Parts? 22 Jul 2014 17:40 #640994

• lhemrick
  • User
Thanks, It looks like a great place to start!

Parts? 22 Jul 2014 18:01 #640999

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2828
Kawasaki.com

Go to Kawasaki.com. On left side put cursor over "Owner Information" then on drop down menu click on "Parts Diagrams." The click "Continue" next to "Motorcycles" and click on model/year/etc. on drop down. Once you get the list of parts for your bike you can click on the category of parts - such as "Air Cleaner" and you will see a diagram of all the parts for that category. Then when you click on an actual part number on the list under the diagram it will say if the Item Status is "Active." If it is "Active" Kawasaki still sells the part through dealers. Also, at that little page you can click on the yellow highlighted question mark for a cross reference of which bikes share that part or click on the red highlighted S to see earlier part numbers for the same part.
If you want to change bike models you can enter the new model at the top. Also, you can put in just the first part of the model (i.e. KZ650) and it will list all the years and sub models. You also can put in a part number up top and switch the word "MODEL" to "PART NUMBER" using the little drop down in that box. If you do that it will show all the models that part is used on.

Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lhemrick

Parts? 22 Jul 2014 19:13 #641018

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098

lhemrick wrote: Can one of you good chaps steer me toward a website that will let me look at a Kawasaki parts fiche for bikes older than 1984. I found one the other day but now it escapes me. I have recently purchased a pile that used to be a 1980 KZ750H and I'm going to need parts.

Thanks!

Lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc. Here's a link for help with navigating the site and finding information.

www.kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/37...imitstart=0&start=20

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: lhemrick

Parts? 23 Jul 2014 06:58 #641049

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1621
Kawasaki.com & Partzilla. The partzilla site is easier to use, but the cross-reference tends to lump too many bikes together in some cases, so always double-check the info at the Kaw site.

Parts? 23 Jul 2014 08:42 #641058

• lhemrick
  • User
Yes Partzilla is who I usually order my honda parts from but it's a lot easier if you already know the part number. There in turn another site and a parts fiche. Thanks!

Parts? 23 Jul 2014 08:53 #641064

• martin_csr
  • User
I don't understand what you mean. I use Partzilla all the time without knowing the part number beforehand.

Partzilla -->> In the Parts-by-Brand box -->> Kawasaki Icon-->> Kawasaki Motorcycle Parts -->> choose a year -->> model -->> diagram -->> part number

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Parts? 23 Jul 2014 11:03 #641084

• lhemrick
  • User
EXAMPLE: I did a search for "1970 Honda cb350k cam chain" in the search block, 0 results found. I knew the part number and put that in the block and it pulled right up.

Last edit: by lhemrick.

Parts? 23 Jul 2014 11:39 #641088

• martin_csr
  • User
Okay. You use the parts diagrams differently. I always locate the bike & its diagrams first.

• Page: