Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

lockhart oil cooler 20 Jul 2014 16:29 #640721

• Cal
  • Cal's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,im pulling my hair out,(what little is left),i have a 78 kaw LTD1000,,I just bought an almost new chrome lockhart oil cooler,,off ebay,im having a heck of a time finding the frame mounting bracket,,ive scoured ebay trying to find one,,redline cycles only had one left,and jim wouldnt part with it,ive contacted oldkawman,no luck,,all these things are is 1/4 threaded stock,with small blocks with holes and a long bolt that goes thru the small hole near top of the frame,,i know i could make something up,but id like to find the proper part,,does anyone have one they eould sell,or know where i can get my hands on the mounting bracket?? I thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

lockhart oil cooler 20 Jul 2014 20:10 #640762

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Hello, Cal, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

While the original fitting is extra nice when available, a simple but effective alternative method is to attach the Lockhart oil cooler by using two eye bolts (lollipop bolts).

LTD -- attached fabricated plate with cooler attached to the plate.

Z1 -- bolts directly to cooler.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

lockhart oil cooler 21 Jul 2014 06:08 #640779

• Cal
  • Cal's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks very much for your reply,,thats an excellent idea,,i feel stupid for not thinking of it,,lol and thank you for the pictures,i saved them in my smart phone,,i very much appreciate your response and brilliant idea
Attachments:

• Page: