Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 09 Aug 2015 18:35 #685168

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
If he connected I'd hear the howl from here. :lol: :woohoo:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: 650ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 09 Aug 2015 18:56 #685170

• Irish-Kawi
  • Irish-Kawi's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 37

swest wrote: Yeah, takes me back. Cruse night on Van Nuys Boulevard, chicks, races in the sticks, (that's when there still were) parties and back roads going home. :whistle: Back then the Z1 was unbeatable. "Let the good times roll." :woohoo:
"What a drag it being old."(Stones)
Steve

Hahaha as odd as it may sound when I look back on my "younger days" there is quite a bit of over lap but instead of bikes it was cars. I got into a lot of things I shouldn't have in my Camaro and a lot of trouble at times too. Most always involved music, girls and way too much hp! There was once even an episode of stolen HS gym keys after I had graduated but was seeing a girl who was still attending hahaha. There were races as well on some of the backwoods roads of longmont, peeled all of the paint of of this guys 06' GTI one night after I had convinced him that my 8pt roll cage and header dump with fiberglass liftoff hood Camaro was "just a mean sounding but harmless V6".... He wasn't amused afterwards. :P

- Irish
All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Last edit: by Irish-Kawi.

Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 09 Aug 2015 19:00 #685172

• Irish-Kawi
  • User

650ed wrote: I've been stung many times, but once long ago I was riding with shorts on (bad idea, BTW) and a yellow jacket went up the shorts pants leg! I stood up at speed (luckily a straight road) and danced, jumped up and down on the footpegs, and generally hopped around like a fool while slowing from about 60 mph. With great LUCK, the yellow jacket fell out and didn't sting me! I believe that was one of the luckiest days of my life! :laugh: :laugh: Since that day I've never been tempted to ride while wearing shorts. Ed

Oh man Ed you were so dang lucky hahaha and glad it worked out. The crap part about this one was the little bastardo stung me through my Levi's, I have to say I must have looked a sight on the side of the road in full gear with my jeans stripped off standing in my skivvies with a butterfly knife in hand seeing if I had to scrap off a stinger or something. Probably gave a couple of drivers passing by a good show and story hahaha :p

- Irish

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 09 Aug 2015 19:03 #685173

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I learned my lesson at 2 AM on HWY 111 at a light. There was a Charger waiting for it, I rolled up, he asked me, "you think you got it?" I said yeah, I got it and what I thought was a junker hitting on 4 cylinders was in fact a Funny Car! :woohoo: Walked away from me. :whistle: Good thing I was alone. :blush:
Steve

Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 09 Aug 2015 19:32 #685177

• Irish-Kawi
  • User

swest wrote: I learned my lesson at 2 AM on HWY 111 at a light. There was a Charger waiting for it, I rolled up, he asked me, "you think you got it?" I said yeah, I got it and what I thought was a junker hitting on 4 cylinders was in fact a Funny Car! :woohoo: Walked away from me. :whistle: Good thing I was alone. :blush:
Steve

Hahaha yeah I think we've all been had at times :D

I was on my third engine by that point, wasn't a hp monster but it was terrific on torque. At 3500 rpm I had 365ft-lbs at the rear wheels. And with subframe connectors, poly bushings thought the car, race prepped tranny and 8 point cage it barely flexed at all and just hooked. On street tired at Bandimere speedway (1 mile elevation) I pulled a 1.868 60' time! The thing left like nobodies business but it ran out of top end at 4700rpms :( Was a lot of fun and at the stoplights left pretty much anything in the road in its tail lights.

- Irish

Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 09 Aug 2015 20:29 #685179

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Was trying to sell this for Ol' Dirty Dan last year. 78 Corvette,454, 10.5/1 pistons, 4 bolt mains, competition cam, Edlebrock manifold and valve covers, Holly carb, (I forget what type), roller rockers, headers with Turbo mufflers, Rally wheels, R1 Tranny and it still passed smog. Dyno reports 400/450 HP at the rear wheels. Po was a retired Sheriff. I could have got him $4000 all day long but he wanted at least $5000. I was to get 20%. He finally agreed to $4500, I sold it, accepted a $500 deposit, called to tell him, he died that day.
He didn't want his kids to get anything and had me sell everything on eBay. I generated $13,000 in 6 months to him.
They got everything.
Here's the sleeper.
Steve

Attachments:

Horsetooth Reservoir and Rist Canyon, CO 10 Aug 2015 09:09 #685239

• Irish-Kawi
  • User
Absolutely beautiful Vette and sounds like a killer setup! Damn shame that he passed away and that it worked out like it did, but you were a helluva guy to do all that for him.

- Irish

• Page: