Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 13:25 #669168

• apbling
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Krazies post reminded me of something... I had a 2005 Z1000 for a few years (God I miss her...the wife at the time made me sell it). When I rode it, all the rocket dudes would wave. All the Harley guys would come just short of flipping me the bird. But when I rode my 550LTD, 75% of the Harley guys would wave, but NONE of the rocket boys would.

Anyone ever riding their KZ and have a Harley guy start to wave, then mid wave realize it's not an HD and then quickly and awkwardly pull their hand in as if "oh crap, its not a Harley and I thought it was....Act cool" haha....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 13:33 #669169

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2621
I never understood how being around a bunch of men, makes you one. My women loved me, not my friends. I lost the best one I ever had because of my need for "friends". A lesson learned too late. FK em. :angry:
Steve

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 13:36 #669170

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Just spotted the eBay ad for a gold chain $45 free shipping. That's the one I bought that nearly killed me and ruined my sprockets. Made in China and eBay won't do anything about it. Don't buy.
Steve

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 13:47 #669171

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510

KraZyRIDER wrote:

baldy110 wrote: Wow you actually got a Harley rider to ride with you. I can't even get them to wave at me. Where I live there are about 6 of us who ride non Harley bikes and about 200 Harley's none of the H/D guys will even talk to us.

...I'll wave to you, Baldy! :woohoo:

...And, did you ever try to talk to them? :side:

I have on numerous occasions. One day I was on my own riding my KZ650 I stopped to get gas and there was about a dozen H/D riders in the station parking lot. I pulled in, got off my bike, removed my helmet, walked over to a group and said, "Hi guys." They looked at me like I was a cockroach without saying and word and walked away from me. I have had this experience over and over and over and over again. I don't let it get to me every time I see another biker I still wave and when I can, I say Hi to them but rarely do I get a response from the H/D crowd, all other motorcycle brand riders are friendly to me.

Last edit: by baldy110.

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 14:02 #669174

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Can we say shallow, bigoted, anal retentive sons of dubious progeny? Riding my Z1 has given me the freedom to go wherever I want, do whatever I want, without having to depend on some slack jawed horses ass behind a counter filled with over priced junk. I smile every time I put on my Harley Davidson jacket made in CHINA in 87.
I was glad to see the company was bought back by the employees, too bad they forgot the bikes or at least most of it was made in JAPAN. Funny they have forgotten that.
Steve

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 14:29 #669175

• Xl ED
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
I wave at everyone. I'm either very friendly or just a complete waving idiot!
I don't live to ride, I ride to live.

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 17:52 #669197

• KraZyRIDER
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44

apbling wrote: Anyone ever riding their KZ and have a Harley guy start to wave, then mid wave realize it's not an HD and then quickly and awkwardly pull their hand in as if "oh crap, its not a Harley and I thought it was....Act cool" haha....

...Hahaha! Those are the guys you have to start waving to like a madman. Like you're waving to your long lost brother comin' in on the Queen Mary. Really excited looking. Guaranteed he looks over his shoulder like, "do I know that guy?" Better wave next time or someone gonna think I'm an asshole. Which is a distinct possibility, but it may get him thinking, anyway. :laugh:
Mean Green Speed Machine!
1979 KZ 650-C3 (Cafe Project)
1982 GPz 750-R1
1981 GPz 1100-B1
2005 H-D XL1200C
2006 H-D XL1200C

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 18:17 #669199

• KraZyRIDER
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
...One thing I like to do, is wear a Harley shirt when I ride my Kaw's and a Kawasaki shirt when I ride my Harley. That always turns some heads. The Harley riders usually ask, "do you own a Harley, or just the shirt?" It seems it's always the guys with the brand new, nice and shiny hogs that have very few miles on them ask. My answer, "yes, I do and it's paid for, along with several other rides". That usually gets some laughs out of the guys with the older bikes, because it's usually the n00bs that open their mouths to try and impress the old time Harley guys. .

...On two occasions I ran into a couple of comedians. Very funny, actually! Pulled up, unzipped my leather jacket, started taking my helmet off when I saw this guy eyeing my T-shirt, a Harley T-shirt, when I was on my GPz. I nodded my head, he said hello and asked, "you slummin' it today?" Near pissed my pants! Six months later, someone else hit me with the same line. It was just as funny then. I told them both that at 60 years of age, I ride my Kaw's for excitement and to get the Yang up. When my wife is satisfied, I take the Harley for a ride to shake my balls back up into place. Both times I was pulling into a bar and both times that line got me a FREE Beer! :woohoo:
Mean Green Speed Machine!
1979 KZ 650-C3 (Cafe Project)
1982 GPz 750-R1
1981 GPz 1100-B1
2005 H-D XL1200C
2006 H-D XL1200C

A Harley and a Kaw! 22 Apr 2015 18:26 #669200

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
You mean they care? Doubt it, they are in to themselves too much to even think about it. That's OK, easier to see them coming.
Steve

A Harley and a Kaw! 23 Apr 2015 06:35 #669256

• toolmaker
  • User
  • Thank you received: 19
I don't ride with Harleys anymore - I can't stand having to wait for them after every corner. :P
I live near Portland, Oregon and my rider is a '76 KZ900 I bought new. I'm also in the process of restoring another one and a '73 Z1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spencer440

A Harley and a Kaw! 23 Apr 2015 06:46 #669260

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
"I use'd to ride one of those when I was a kid." I say, "I did too and still am." Then I get that deer in the headlights look. :blink: Next question is, "How long have you had it?" "40 years, how long have you had yours?' Then the old "Fish eye" End of conversation. ;)
Steve

A Harley and a Kaw! 23 Apr 2015 07:48 #669267

• Tyler
  • User
  • Thank you received: 92
Reading through yet another Harley thread on KZR... still just shake my head.

Harley is getting itself into a some trouble now, their demographic keeps getting older. They made their big push in the 90's and 2000's with the boomers and now they have their "hog" and (sigh) "chopper" parked in the garage. The new generation doesn't really take to the whole "heritage" or "rebel" bullshit very well. A lot of younger riders I know are into the adventure bikes. Don't know if its just around here or a trend. Harley Davidson can't keep living off the name on the fuel tank, sooner or later they are going to have branch out. Unless all they really want to sell is t-shirts and belt buckles.

Me I'll ride anything on two wheels. I don't care who made it.
If I knew what I was doing all the time life wouldn't be any fun.

'80 KZ650 E 700cc, dyna ignition and coils, frame up restoration, daily driver
'81 KZ1300 A3 full restoration, custom big bore pistons, 1400cc 6 cylinder super bike
"77 KZ650 B1 - Barn Find, work in progeress
"74 Yamaha DT 400 Enduro

Last edit: by Tyler.