• Page:

TOPIC:

Neil Armstrong museum 13 Oct 2014 07:08 #650539

• Grumpy Ole Artist
  • Grumpy Ole Artist's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Eschew Obfuscation!
  • Thank you received: 62
Availing myself of some nice weather lately... put a 100 miles or so on em Sunday...just replaced throttle cables...WOW what a difference in response, much more "snappy" than it was, cant' hardley stay off of her!.. solo ride from Greenville over to Piqua...Met up with riding buddy and hit I 75 North for about 45 miles to Wapokoneta....Had not been to this museum since I was a kid of 13 or so...It is a fairly small place, but absolutely packed with artifacts, memorabilia, &c...One can see pretty much everything in a few hours, admission is probably less than a movie ticket, and I recommend it as a day trip...Leg two found us both ready for some food, and it occured to me that if we were to head East, we would run into Grand Lake St.Mary...Took a while to figure out how to get through st mary to Celina...passed a very pretty (Blue!) LTD 1000 of similar vintage to my bike...There is a cool place called "Big Bamboo's Dockside grill" in Celina. Great burgers & Fries...cute waitresses..(Was up there year before last with another buddy & his wife, BEEG storm blew in off the lake, & they actually OFFERED to let us pull our bikes into the bar till it blew over! THAT was a personal first! ) Annyhoo, we got our grub on, and were just leaving when the dude with the Blue 1000 pulled in to Dockside...I wish I had turned around for a couple pics but I was already strapped on, the traffic was kinda heavy, and the skies were threatening so I kept going...Nothing remarkable, but a good day for Grumpy...(The oddly shaped funnel thingie is an outer space urinal, BTW...)
1978 KZ650 B2
Former rides...1976 CB360T, 1985 Shadow 700, 1985 GPZ750Turbo
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: