Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I wish I could see a Prosche. 25 May 2014 05:58 #633892

• KZJOE900
  • KZJOE900's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Out for a ride in Central Florida today (Sugar Loaf Mountain area). With temps up to 100 degrees plus it was way too hot to ride. My brother, Nephew and his wife and I rented two Harleys and had my KZ as well. I got stock riding one the Harely since my brother didn't have the required motorcycle endorsement to rent the bike. So I had to rent it and of course due to insurance and to ride it. One of the highlights was running into a group of Porshe owners. Must have been a club. Nice rides.

How man different Porshe models can you spot? I think one of them was like the one the actor from Fast and Furious got killed in.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

I wish I could see a Prosche. 26 May 2014 06:09 #634013

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
We ran into a bunch of vintage coupes on the river roads yesterday, everyone was out enjoying the beautiful weather here.
I don't know much about Porsche's but those were some nice looking cars thanks for the video, Joe
How did you like riding the hog?

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

I wish I could see a Prosche. 26 May 2014 18:08 #634070

• KZJOE900
  • KZJOE900's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Jack, I have a new found respect for Harleys. I rode the 2014 Heritage Softail Classic. Very comfortable and felt very high quality. Not my kind of bike, but I imagine if I was in the market for a Cruiser then I would be happy to own one. I always noticed the engine shaking when getting near a Harely. Could never understand how anyone could buy one. But the engine is pretty much completely isolated and you felt no more vibration than I would on my KZ. In all, I still was wishing I could have been on my KZ for that ride. But it was rented under my name and insured that way as well. So wasn't going to put myself at risk and thereby had to ride it. I was fine with that for the day.

Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450
Attachments:

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

I wish I could see a Prosche. 02 Jun 2014 16:04 #635048

• TheForumTroll
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
That one SUV :laugh:
-[ KZ700-A1 '84 ]-

I wish I could see a Prosche. 16 Jun 2014 11:01 #636854

• konigralph
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

KZJOE900 wrote: Jack, I have a new found respect for Harleys. I rode the 2014 Heritage Softail Classic. Very comfortable and felt very high quality. Not my kind of bike, but I imagine if I was in the market for a Cruiser then I would be happy to own one. I always noticed the engine shaking when getting near a Harely. Could never understand how anyone could buy one. But the engine is pretty much completely isolated and you felt no more vibration than I would on my KZ. In all, I still was wishing I could have been on my KZ for that ride. But it was rented under my name and insured that way as well. So wasn't going to put myself at risk and thereby had to ride it. I was fine with that for the day.

Surprisingly these bikes are plenty nimble and fun to ride. I have no complaints. I also rented a Hd in Hawaii not too long ago, it came with some saddlebags and made it extreemly convenient to travel the island. Top 3 vacations of my life because of the bike rides.

I looked into buying a sportster with some viking bags www.vikingbags.com/harley-sportster-1200...lebags-9240-prd1.htm for cheap as an alternative to the dyna i rode but it just isn't the same. Price difference was about half, but not as smooth and badass :/

• Page: