Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ouch !! 31 May 2010 12:16 #372342

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
i had an ironworker bolt, an a325 3/4"x 2", come from some vehicle up the road on i-5 years back..it came spinning at us at 75 mph and hit the front of my 1980 audi 5000s and went SMACK!!!! like we got hit with a bazooka.....pulled over and could not find anything so we drove on.....:blink:

not much later i was washing the car and i found the black bolt sticking head out perfect fit between the ornamental grill....looked factory installed.. :woohoo:

but it always stuck in my mind that riding is like playing a video game where you die instead of lose your ship....

i also had a housecat run under my bike and spin and back out the same side doing about 40 on a city street...it was out from under a car,under my bike,and back under the car ,before you could blink your eyes...after that one one i was much more alert to unforseen dangers. :laugh:

my worst fear is riding at night (or day even) on country roads and having a deer come outta the brush getting chased by dogs,or startled ,or in rutt, and bolt into the bike.....so much so that i watch the brush and fencelines to the point of not watching the roads corners sometimes.... it is like i can "feel" deer on these rides on backroads and know one day, one will be in the same sq feet as my bike....i hope i'm watching on that day
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by trianglelaguna.

Ouch !! 31 May 2010 13:53 #372376

• dejavoodo41
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
I had a friend in Oregon who had just finished building his Shovel Head hard tail. The area that we lived in was a small town of about 3400 people and he lived a few miles out of town in an area with ranches and such. One night at just about sundown he was riding home and 3 turns from his driveway a deer comes up from the woods and he hits it. He is banged up a bit but otherwise ok. Hi bike was worse off than he was. He rebuilds his bike and two weeks later to the day he's riding home and in the exact same spot he hits another deer. This time it was a buck and one of the tines caught him under the chin. He rebuilt the bike a 3rd time and promptly sold it.
1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

Ouch !! 31 May 2010 13:53 #372377

• Jack
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Once had a wasp get under my denim shirt and t shirt and sting me about 3-4 times before I could squish him dead. That was bad enough but my girlfriend was on the bike too and thought I was screwing around trying to scare her as I wobbled all over the road -wasp in the front stinging away and her on behind beating on my back to stop...
79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

Ouch !! 04 Jun 2010 14:41 #373449

• Dr Feelgood
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I was on the 57 last summer and a wasp flew up my sleeve and got pissed off! Stung me a few times before I smashed my arm on the tank and squished it.
Lurkin\' someplace near Azusa, CA.
1977 Kawasaki Kz650C, 93 Yamaha FZR 600.
If it has two wheels or a skirt, theres gonna be trouble...

Ouch !! 05 Jun 2010 23:46 #373813

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
He got lucky. My cousin hit deer twice in the span of 7 days. First time he walked away the second time he was in a coma for months and no one thought he would make it through but he is a tough old bastard and although he is a little slower now he made it only to find that his cancer meds are not doing the trick any more. He is now doing a more agressive medication but I doubt he will beat this. The pills are super expensive. Talk about rip off. I think he was telling me that the pills he was taking cost over 7 grand for one pill. I don't know the specifics because I only half understood what exactly he was saying that he took but the pills now are astronomically higher than the previous. Those deer though...scary thought!
dejavoodo41 wrote:

I had a friend in Oregon who had just finished building his Shovel Head hard tail. The area that we lived in was a small town of about 3400 people and he lived a few miles out of town in an area with ranches and such. One night at just about sundown he was riding home and 3 turns from his driveway a deer comes up from the woods and he hits it. He is banged up a bit but otherwise ok. Hi bike was worse off than he was. He rebuilds his bike and two weeks later to the day he's riding home and in the exact same spot he hits another deer. This time it was a buck and one of the tines caught him under the chin. He rebuilt the bike a 3rd time and promptly sold it.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Ouch !! 05 Jun 2010 23:49 #373814

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Patton wrote:

Here's a little humor, with sincere wishes to

Get Well Soon!

[Click on image to hear Roy think about getting both those b's out of his user name.]

Hey, what in the Sam Hill!? How did my mug get dragged in to this?
Patton I have the perfect 80's song for you. Too Much Time On My Hands
I bet instead of riding that bike you spend all your time riding your joystick and mouse.
79 LTD B3

Ouch !! 05 Jun 2010 23:57 #373817

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
Dang! I remember being stung by a wasp several times as I was freaking out Yellow Jacket? Ah hell, I don't know but I do know I jumped off my bike so quick and did the gigue to get that damned bee outta where he didn't belong. I must've gotten stung like 5 times before he flew off.
Then some Jamaican dude heard me swearing and generally expressing my pain come over and asked me if I wrecked my bike and when I told him about the sting he promptly pulled some weeds or I don't remember exactly what and told me to rub them in to my sting bites and as soon as he did man what a relief.
Got stung inside my ear before as I guess the honey bee was trying to nest in my ear and when I freaked out frantically trying to get it out it stung me and my ear swelled shut so that I couldn't hear very well until it went down. If you think ear aches hurt try an ear ache caused by a bee.
Funny though, I don't remember the last time I saw a honey bee flying around. Do any of you guys? I think it's true that we are killing them off by scrambling their radio waves or whatever it is so they get lost and die.
This could be the next human caused natural disaster and for the price of communication.
79 LTD B3

Ouch !! 06 Jun 2010 01:01 #373826

• roy-b-boy-b
  • roy-b-boy-b's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
I'm all better now.

The sting hurt a lot!! Luckily I had some good meds to tide me over.

I was stung on the beach on the right eye brow. By the time I got to the emergency room my eyes were shut and my head was as big as a basketball.

As soon as I was led through the swinging doors the nurse screamed. Makes you feel good. ;) Roy
1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

Last edit: by roy-b-boy-b.

Ouch !! 06 Jun 2010 11:16 #373904

• eddiem
  • User
  • KZR FLAG RELAY CARRIER #63
  • Thank you received: 34
Roy the last time I got stung on a bike I walked in to the Emergency room they took one look at me and asked what happened and took me right in ahead of everyone else now in Calif that's pretty fast but I did look pretty bad.. lol

This is the exacted reason why I bought a Z1r I'd see those bee hives coming up and duck behind the wind screen lol
1976 Kz900
1978 Kz1000
1978 Z1r
1982 Kz1100 A2
1975 Z1b-900
1975 Z1b-900

Last edit: by eddiem.