Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bike cam 29 Nov 2015 19:12 #701176

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
Kruzer - the CBR 1000 would be an extremely reliable and tough bike i would imagine - only ridden one when they first came out - a year or 2 ago :) Funny how some young people see a model which has a few sponsor stickers and a very similar paint job to a factory racer and think - wow that must be the same :dry:
Always liked the older stuff more - real dedication to keep em going ;)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike cam 01 Dec 2015 09:35 #701371

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
This is kinda long and some may not be interested, so if not, skip it. Since we started the program in 96, a lot of progress has been made. 20 years ago the Meth Heads were "In your face" slung their poison, robbed people at gun point, me twice and held this community in fear. Unlike the other members, I would drive the back roads looking for "ducks". I use to find 1 or 2 a month, now I haven't found one in two years. We get to them too fast. Yeah they are still here but they hide their action. Needless to say, they don't like me. GOOD :woohoo:
I'm using my bike cam.
Steve

Bike cam 03 Dec 2015 16:38 #701782

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
There's a Stater Bros. down valley about the same distance as the one in Desperate Hot Springs. Much nicer stores but the average age is 65 and above. I can tell by most of the looks I get, they don't approve of me and the bike. I guess I should be driving a golf cart. :lol: The old men are the worst. I probably remind them of a son they couldn't control. I guess it shows. :whistle: This old man in a mini van tried to cut me off as I was leaving the lot. He followed me as long as he could. That wasn't long. :dry:
Steve

Last edit: by SWest.

Bike cam 03 Dec 2015 16:45 #701784

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
It is the freedom to be able to ride they resent you for - just sad ;)
Bet that old fella was pissed when you went up the inside and he had to wait :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Last edit: by Zephyrrider.

Bike cam 03 Dec 2015 16:52 #701787

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Young or old, people just aren't happy and want to take it out on someone different. That was the right turn lane and he followed only to watch me disappear. It's ones like that you have watch for.
Steve

Bike cam 18 Dec 2015 15:18 #703547

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Came across Santa at the gas station. Santa driving a car? Please tell me it ain't so. :woohoo:
Steve

Bike cam 18 Dec 2015 16:24 #703553

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
It;s my routine to stop in front of the Harley shop, make whatever adjustments, light a cigarette and hit the FWY. This is a long on ramp so I can see what's coming for miles and it is easy to merge into traffic. I can feel the eyes on me the whole time. I could stop further back but it wouldn't be as much fun that way. :whistle:
Steve

Bike cam 20 Dec 2015 07:57 #703744

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
A Harley Bobber waiting at the light. I think they look better Bobbed.
Steve

Bike cam 20 Dec 2015 08:23 #703747

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
It's going to be a cold ride home. I'll bring up the truck in a couple days for Xmas. Supposed to be rain and snow. Brrrrr.
Steve

Bike cam 28 Dec 2015 04:42 #704608

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I use to find these at least two a month. This is the second in two years. We get to them too fast. B) This looks like a insurance job. Ignition not punched, stereo and speakers gone, battery gone, street bike tire prints leaving the scene. It was driven there. Soft sand so they dragged it out of there. It wasn't totaled but it will be by the time it's done. :pinch: If not interested, pass on by. :whistle:
Steve

Bike cam 03 Jan 2016 16:19 #705469

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Heard the call about 11:45. It was recovered around noon. Didn't get the SOB though. Heard the recovery after I left my welder/machinists place. At least the guy gets his bike back.
Steve

Bike cam 08 Jan 2016 14:08 #706005

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
This tweaker started asking me to please, please, please sell him my bike. I had my back to him in the store and turned around to find a skinny, agitated SPEED FREAK trying to make a deal with someone he doesn't know and look in the eye. He kept rambling with his kid standing next to him, I had to capture his eyes to tell him NO. I watched his face change as he read the look in my eyes. I said slowly, "IT'S NOT FOR SALE." I always have my helmet latched in the cart just for times like these. If I had heard what he said outside, I might have started pummeling him right then. They always telegraph what is in what's left of their minds. Last week one of my grips was 1/4 the way off. The rats are coming out of their holes. I'll be waiting for them.
Steve