Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bike cam 17 Jun 2016 18:24 #731808

• The_Proletariat
  • User
  • "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"
  • Thank you received: 13

swest wrote: Another trip to Stockton to pic up my granddaughter. Stopped to show her the planes.
Steve

B) Best part of this thread Steve.

Wish my in laws showed interest in their grandkids. I have always treasured the short time I knew my grandparents.

If you are interested...The sound of freedom.

1982 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike cam 17 Jun 2016 18:59 #731810

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
Cool B) Next time one comes to PS airport, I'll have to be there. :) These are B17G's arent they? Better equipped than the earlier ones. They had one 50 cal in the nose and tail. These have turrets with two each.
Lost grandpa Bob in 03. I didn't have a dad so he filled the void. He was a realtor in Malibu and lived in four different houses over my childhood. Zumirez was on a cul de sac and we all shared a private beach. The cliffs went out into the water on both sides. Steep trail going down to it. Uncle Mike would come home with lobsters he caught in his trapps as a teenager. Aunt Kathy worked on the Kiora a sport fishing boat as a galley maid. The stories I could tell. The water was so clear you could see 30 ft, no problem Sand crabs, clams, grunion hunting, a wonderful place to live. We had to live with them off and on while my mother worked. The last place was Shermer's Orchids across from Paradise Cove. Bob had a shop Smith and taught me how to wood work. It had everything. That man took on a ready made family including the grandchildren. He'd buy a Xmas tree and cut off two feet off the top so it would fill the corner of the room and have plenty of room to hide the presents. ;) . He was a gun collector too. Taught me how to hunt and dress my kill. At his eulogy I told the people he taught me one thing I never forgot. " If you shoot something, I will make you eat it." I believed him. :lol:
The children are the most important things in our lives. What we teach them will carry on long after we're gone. My daughter got to know great grandpa Bob. We were talking about him last night on our way home. He would be proud of both of us. B)
Steve

Bike cam 22 Jun 2016 13:38 #732436

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
This guy hangs out at the hardware store to pan handle. He tried to steal my bike in 98. Got my side cover but took off leaving his woman and baby sitting the car next to the bike. I see him around but always people around. He doesn't remember me but i remember HIM :evil:
Asks to buy a cigarette, I tell him F off asks again. "El oso ke es para"
Steve

Bike cam 26 Jun 2016 14:54 #732918

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
We were discussing headlights earlier but I can't find the thread. Heading into town I came across this guy. He had plenty of time to turn but he just sat there until I passed. I didn't trust him and was planning hole shots in case he turned. Happens almost every day.
Steve

Bike cam 26 Jun 2016 19:35 #732964

• Nelson
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
I dunno if you guys are still talking about bike cams, but thought you'd like this. I shot it with a gopro cam on a little tripod then exported a video frame.

Attachment GOPR0453-1cropped.jpg not found

Restoring and customizing a KZ1000. Click here to read about it.
Plated KTM, DR650, KZ1000, Former MC mechanic (eons ago). 40 yrs. of dirt and street.
Attachments:

Bike cam 26 Jun 2016 19:46 #732969

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Cool. B)
Steve

Bike cam 26 Jun 2016 21:07 #732974

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
This is the second time this goat messed with my bike. Broke my box last time ans scratched my side cover this time. I think I'll have lamb chops. :angry:
Steve

Bumped it enough to turn the handlebars bars near the end.

Bike cam 27 Jun 2016 08:46 #733031

• KZB2 650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 265
That's crazy Steve...... at least you figured out who was doing it and not thinking it was some clown vandalizing the bike...... Lamb chops indeed. ;)
1978 KZ650 b-2
700cc Wiseco kit 10 to 1.
1980 KZ750 cam, ape springs, stock clutch/ Barnett springs.
Vance and Hines Header w/ comp baffle and Ape pods, Dyna S and green coils, copper wires.
29MM smooth bores W/ 17.5 pilots, 0-6s and 117.5 main
16/42 gearing X ring chain and alum rear JT sprocket.

Bike cam 27 Jun 2016 08:51 #733032

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Too tough and stringy. :sick: Back when I got the kids I had to learn how to cook. I decided to make my mother's lamb chops. My dog Jeyckle always knew she would get some if I made anything with a bone in it. As soon as I put it on, she cowered and ran away. She never smelled anything like it and acted as if I was cooking DOG. :lol: Poor thing, never got over it. :dry:
Steve

Bike cam 30 Jun 2016 20:53 #733434

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
They tore down the Meth house behind me.
Steve

Bike cam 04 Jul 2016 10:12 #733799

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Had a visit from someone I hadn't seen in 20 years. Got good taste, owns a Kaw. ZX7R. When they left they broke a throttle cable. My daughter drove the truck, I rode the bike. When we got there , 20 or so miles, there they were. A harley guy was helping them. We loaded the bike up and worked on it at my daughter's place. Couldn't switch cables so I soldered a ball on the end and he shaped it. It worked. :woohoo: 2 1/2 hours later, they got home. Chalk one more up for "Old School." B) Glad you made it buddy and see you soon.
Steve

Bike cam 04 Jul 2016 20:26 #733892

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
When uncle Bill called saying they were broken down Christina was off like a shot in the truck.
Steve