Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Storytime 30 Aug 2015 21:34 #687981

• Markovich
  • Markovich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
The year is 1986. A 29 year old man is watching TV. A commercial comes on, as they do, for the 1986 Kawasaki ZL 900 Eliminator. During the commercial the bike is shown doing a burnout. Well, with a brand new baby boy and family to support all he could do was shrine that bike. The year is 2015. The 58 year old man is cruising Craig's list and sees the same bike for sale. He shows it to his wife and says "this is the bike I wanted.all those years ago and if it still for sale this weekend I may want to look at it." She says "How do you know it will still be there by the weekend? You should call tomorrow." Off to work he goes and when he gets home his wife says "Well, did you call that guy?" He says no. She says "why not?" He says "I can't have buyers remorse if I don't spend money." Then she says "Oh no you don't, call him up!" He makes the call and goes to test drive the bike. Just wanted to compare it to the KZP he has. Bike has 8,700 miles on it. Takes it out onto the road and blows his mind. Bike is stupid fast. He had to have it. Brought it home and now has two great Kawasaki's. Moral of the story is sometimes things come to those who wait. But really 29 years? :)
1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Storytime 30 Aug 2015 22:05 #687984

• Barry2
  • User
  • Thank you received: 23
I had a 75 900 in 1985 and sold it, had to wait 'til this spring to get this one.
1976 KZ900
Attachments:

Storytime 30 Aug 2015 23:53 #687991

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148
Circa 1993 I made a deal with my brother, 17 yrs my senior, that I could have his '83 BMW R80ST if I bought him a '91 R100GS. Had a good time for about 5 yrs then I had to sell both because I got serious with a girl.

Fast forward 15 yrs. me and the same girl watching TV in bed and the main character ends up with a bike out of the blue. She looked over to me and asks, "when are you going to get yours?". I wasted no time looking and after missing a good prospect or 2 I ended up with my '82 GPz750. Took some and needs a bit more work but I'm having a great time.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

Storytime 31 Aug 2015 07:05 #688006

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
Bossie sitting under a tree for 15 years. :angry: I guess it was meant to be this way. :unsure: I'd watch bikes ride by and say to myself, I've got to get my bike back on the road. :dry: Then I started on her. :)

Attachment Bossie001-3.jpg not found

Painting and polishing. :whistle:

She runs but $600 for DMV and needs cam chain and rollers. $500? :(

Finally got that done but needed new pistons. Another $500+. :ohmy:

Got her on the road but still had a Honda front fender and funky seat. :pinch:

New goodies. :cheer:

And more. :woohoo:

I don't think I'll ever be done with her. :whistle:

A labor of love. B)

Steve

Storytime 31 Aug 2015 11:43 #688047

• Spencer440
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8

swest wrote: Bossie sitting under a tree for 15 years. :angry: I guess it was meant to be this way. :unsure: I'd watch bikes ride by and say to myself, I've got to get my bike back on the road. :dry: Then I started on her. :)

Attachment Bossie001-3.jpg not found

Painting and polishing. :whistle:

She runs but $600 for DMV and needs cam chain and rollers. $500? :(

Finally got that done but needed new pistons. Another $500+. :ohmy:

Got her on the road but still had a Honda front fender and funky seat. :pinch:

New goodies. :cheer:

And more. :woohoo:

I don't think I'll ever be done with her. :whistle:

A labor of love. B)

Steve

Nice bike, Steve! Looks like a nice daily rider!

-Spencer
1980 KZ440-B
1979 Kawasaki KZ650-C3

Storytime 31 Aug 2015 12:35 #688054

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Yeah and when I open her up, it's good for the soul.
More goodies.
Steve

Got some duel element turn signals from Z1E.

Attachment not found

A little ginger bread for the front.

Good thing I'm single. :woohoo:
Steve
Attachments:

Storytime 31 Aug 2015 13:49 #688071

• stardon
  • User
My girlfriend wanted to move in. But said I would have to move the motorcycles out of the living room. I said no. I still live alone.

Attachment 006-Copy.jpg not found

Attachment 007.jpg not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spencer440

Storytime 31 Aug 2015 15:01 #688081

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Coming back home from my daughter's yesterday, I stopped at the rest stop in White Water to take a break, have a cigarette and take a leak. It's just at the point where you can feel the hot air coming from the desert. A guy was with his little ankle biter dog and watched me as I parked under a tree. I could tell he wanted to say something to me and as I turned around taking off my helmet he said, "nice bike".
I thanked him and then the usual questions, what year, etc. As I was answering his questions, I noticed him looking past me and he said, "I have to go now." I said "see ya" and saw this heavy blond woman with her hands on her hips glaring at him or was it me? I couldn't hear what he was saying to her but I could tell he was obeying her as he got in a new Ram truck. I watched as they drove away. I remember him saying he had a KZ 750 but stopped mid sentence. All I could do was sigh and remember the women I've had would NEVER think of telling me to get rid of the bike. I had one though. I was visiting her at her apartment in PS. I had told her if she yelled or tried to hit me again, I'd leave and not come back. It was 11:00 PM and she started harping on me in front of her girlfriend. I got up, put on my jacket and went out the door. The bike was gone, she had picked me up at my house 25 miles away, I had a long walk ahead of me. They found me about 1/3 the way home. I wouldn't get in until she promised me she would take me there. As I got out, she asked, "see you tomorrow?" NO. I wouldn't answer her calls or letters. Those kinds of relationships don't get better, just worse. Steve's never had a ring in his nose, nor ever will.
"I had to learn the hard way to let it pass by." (GD)
Steve

Storytime 31 Aug 2015 23:33 #688132

• Barry2
  • User
  • Thank you received: 23
You be my kind of person Steve. :lol:
1976 KZ900
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

Storytime 04 Sep 2015 18:12 #688686

• Markovich
  • Markovich's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
So here is a couple of pics of the new addition:

Attachment 100_2261.jpg not found

Attachment 100_2256.jpg not found

Attachment 100_2252.jpg not found

1990 KZ1000P, 72k miles, 10 years in storage, new, bars, tires, chain and sprockets, seat, carbs cleaned, police equipement removed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mcdroid

• Page: