TOPIC:

Re:Bike of the Month. 01 Aug 2016 07:41 #736940

• daveo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 636
How much is too much? :ohmy:
Wow!
1982 KZ1100-A2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bike of the Month. 01 Aug 2016 07:46 #736942

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Street Fighter LTD's Avatar Topic Author
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972

daveo wrote: How much is too much? :ohmy:
Wow!

Well I see two separate nitrous systems , so thats 2 stages 100hp plus 100 hp :evil:
Thats what we used to run on one of our drag bikes :whistle:
3 stages on another turbo funny bike 100 in throttle for launch , 100 shot for 2nd gear, and 50 more in high gear ( 3 speed Jerry Korman trans) ;)
Dave B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Re:Bike of the Month. 01 Aug 2016 15:55 #736984

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
It isn't licensed as of now. It was but haven't had any time to hardly look at my bikes this year. Way too much work and not enough free time this year. It's very streetable though. I have only had it at the track once a couple years ago and made 4 runs. First one was only a 10.2. Then I ran two 9.83's at 143 mph and on last run, it stood straight up on me. Had a couple guys who were racing Busa's come up and ask me how I did that and I asked what. They said the bike was straight up and they swore it was coming over backwards but somehow I came down the right way. It felt high but not that high. It came down and quit running so I thought I hurt it but once moving it started back up and idled down track. I moved my legs to see if I could see anything wrong and it stopped running again. Sat back up and it started running again so got to end of track. Once there I checked it out and figured out that the carb had popped out of the manifold and when I moved my legs the carb moved away from the manifold and it would stop. When I sat up, my leg would push carb against the manifold and it would start running again. That ended the day though so I fix that problem. It's a fun bike to ride....love that sound of the turbo...
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

Re:Bike of the Month. 01 Aug 2016 16:48 #736990

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
As for the engine, starting on top, the head has had some clean up porting....nothing much. It has stainless steel valves but stock valve train. It has a small turbo cam with .340 lift. It sits on 1200cc turbo pistons with o-ringed cylinders and a copper head gasket. The crank is a welded Z1 crank with a crank support plate and the motor has HD cylinder and case studs. The trans has been back-cut also. Has an MTC snowflake lock-up under the polished cover. The turbo is an old ATP turbo kit with a Mikuni HSR42mm carb. The velocity stack was custom made and plumbed with nos. The nitrous kit is for ATV's and only set up for a 43 hp shot. Wired up to use while at full throttle and only while I push a handlebar mounted button. Haven't used the button yet. Been told that a turbo basically doubles the HP of whatever the nitrous would be on a naturally aspierated motor so it would essentially be a 80 hp shot....according to a builder who knows nitrous.
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter1958, Street Fighter LTD

Bike of the Month. 02 Aug 2016 04:16 #737045

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

Bike of the Month. 02 Aug 2016 08:52 #737087

• mopguy
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 168
Nice bike, If you push the button, Make sure you hold on!
I have a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 Ltd. I bought new. I recently managed to get it out of my garage after 28 years and put it on the road again (2010). I feel like a kid all over again. Since I have acquired 3 78 KZ1000 Ltd, 1 1981 KZ1000 Ltd, and another 1980 KZ750 Ltd. Love the LTD's.

Last edit: by mopguy.

Bike of the Month. 02 Aug 2016 09:09 #737089

• baldy110
  • User
  • Thank you received: 510
Wow, just wow.

Bike of the Month. 02 Aug 2016 16:42 #737144

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member

Here are a few more pictures...
Attachments:

Last edit: by racer54.

Bike of the Month. 02 Aug 2016 16:45 #737145

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member

One from the track....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Last edit: by racer54.

Bike of the Month. 03 Aug 2016 06:13 #737184

• Street Fighter LTD
Just a reminder to all members that BOTM pictures are displayed on the HOME PAGE

Go to the home page and watch the fader cycle thru GregZs 73 Z1 BOTY and it is followed by the current BOTM pictures

Dave B) B) B)

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Re:Bike of the Month. 03 Aug 2016 08:11 #737202

• saxjonz
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75

racer54 wrote: It isn't licensed as of now. It was but haven't had any time to hardly look at my bikes this year. Way too much work and not enough free time this year. It's very streetable though. I have only had it at the track once a couple years ago and made 4 runs. First one was only a 10.2. Then I ran two 9.83's at 143 mph and on last run, it stood straight up on me. Had a couple guys who were racing Busa's come up and ask me how I did that and I asked what. They said the bike was straight up and they swore it was coming over backwards but somehow I came down the right way. It felt high but not that high. It came down and quit running so I thought I hurt it but once moving it started back up and idled down track. I moved my legs to see if I could see anything wrong and it stopped running again. Sat back up and it started running again so got to end of track. Once there I checked it out and figured out that the carb had popped out of the manifold and when I moved my legs the carb moved away from the manifold and it would stop. When I sat up, my leg would push carb against the manifold and it would start running again. That ended the day though so I fix that problem. It's a fun bike to ride....love that sound of the turbo...

Holy shite, crazy story, I love it! I only ever went to the track with my bike once in stock configuration with pipe and jet kit. I made a few passes before the sweltering heat got me. Zrx1200r though. Ran consistent low 11's no matter how I got out of the gate. The traction is scary cool feeling amazing that when we throttle hard on a regular street although the tire doesn't feel like it breaks traction, it must cause my front tire stayed up a bit pretty much the whole time down the track. It's a great thrill. Maybe next season I'll bring my bikes there to play a bit. I'd love to see what my kz can do in the quarter. Congrats on the bike man, a real go getter. I love it.
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Re:Bike of the Month. 06 Aug 2016 05:30 #737612

• Street Fighter LTD
Happy Hot Saturday Morning KZR members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bumping the Bike of the Month to the Top

Ride Safe out there ;) ;)

Dave B) B) B)