TOPIC:

Why they hate us 08 Mar 2015 15:13 #663762

• SWest
  • SWest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
Here's another one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why they hate us 08 Mar 2015 21:13 #663801

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
I know there are some states where splitting lanes isn't legal. It does piss some people off our moving to the head of the line. That's their problem. Notice the Deputy waiting at the light as I pull up. Just another day on the bike.
Steve

Why they hate us 08 Mar 2015 23:40 #663807

• Zephyrrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 50
it is now legal here in Queensland since Feb - only open licensed riders though but where i live there aint that much traffic to lane split anyway- those pissed off people should buy a bike is what i always reckon Steve, Mick. :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Why they hate us 09 Mar 2015 07:23 #663849

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
It's always been legal here. Like anything there are some that abuse it. Riding too fast, weaving from lane to lane, you name it. I would have my lights on and left turn signal on as I go. When one of these idiots come up to me I let them pass. I've seen doors open to stop them, crowd the line, fists come out the window etc. I was 19 on my Honda 350 coming to a light when a guy moved over to keep me from passing him. I clipped his mirror with my bat wing faring. I looked in my rear view and noticed his mirror hanging like a dead chicken. The light turned green, he starts yelling 'Hit and run, hit and run" I took off. That was a mistake. I should have stayed not only because it's the law but he was guilty of vehicular assault.
In most parts of the world, bikes are common. They blend in with traffic. They're not looked down on like here. In some countries it's prison time for hitting a bike.
Most of the offenders are elderly. The Hispanics seem to move over younger drivers too. Like in any group, there are Jerks.
The one thing I must point out. IT IS DANGEROUS.
Ride safe.
Steve

Why they hate us 09 Mar 2015 07:34 #663851

• Zephyrrider
  • User
I rarely do the lane split - never in a hurry except when there are some twisties coming up - worst drivers down under are bloody asians - just hopeless car drivers - never seen one on a bike here.I do maybe 5- 10 km if i split and if someone stuck their hand out the window they would see what my mirror feels like , :)
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Why they hate us 09 Mar 2015 07:56 #663853

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Yeah, same here. Gardeners too. I use to carry a bolt for the ones that would chase me. I'm thinking of buying another cheap cam for the rear. Flick a switch and have them on tape committing a Felony. $37 would be worth it. Missed one yesterday. Drove up to the cigarette store and a Meth head chick was sitting there panhandling. Looked like something out of a concentration camp. Couldn't have been over 30 but no teeth, bone rack. They don't see themselves. Spun.
I'd like to see Vid's from other guys here. I'll start a new thread just for that unless someone beats me to it.
Steve

Why they hate us 09 Mar 2015 16:14 #663897

• Zephyrrider
  • User
Cheap insurance Steve,
She sounds real sexy :sick:
Have put up my best vids so far - animals seem to want to ride with me but no idiots in cars YET !
Would be great to see clips around the world.
Mick
1994 ZR750 Zephyr C4.

Why they hate us 09 Mar 2015 20:11 #663922

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
Now I only have to figure out where to put it. Some of the cams shown here look good. Maybe I'll buy one of them for my main cam.
Com'on you 400,440,550,650,750,900,1000,1100 guys, let's see what you have to deal with. I'm sure there's a lot of good "footage" out there. :whistle:
That chick I was talking about came into the market today. She's older than I thought and she full well knows what she looks like. She needs professional help. None out there. Glad she's not my daughter but someones. :(
I had a dog named Shirley in 75. She rode on the tank. I had a sheet I wrapped around her and sat on the ends. We went everywhere. She loved it. We'd get to the Rock Store, she'd get off, pittle, then greet everyone. Someone stole her. Animals like to ride too.
Steve