Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1992 750 Ninja 07 Dec 2014 14:24 #655573

• jerry a smith
  • jerry a smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
My brother owns a wrecking yard(autos) and gets asked to to pick up bikes(free). and gives them to me-so far a '82 Goldwing,'60 something BSA parts bike,'72 125 Honda street bike,Virago''72 Suzuki dirt bike and Suzuki mini bike and just recently a '97 Ninja 750.I've been robbing parts(vintage road racing crash damage repairs) and sell the bikes for $2-$500.I want to turn the Ninja into a track bike,there might even be a class for it in vintage roadracing.It had been parked for a few years but started and ran (rough-needs carbs cleaned-no big deal,I figure with the bikes I have there're 26 carbs to care for).Anyway from what research I've done(not very computer savvy-66 years old and not expecting to improve in the near future) sounds like it wasn't very competitive with the Suzuki and Honda.I'm going to strip all the junk off lights and any unnecessary track stuff and was wondering if anyone had some input.I'm looking for the biggest bang for the buck(I suspect suspension) but am unfamiliar with a bike this new(yah-not funny-new to me! )I've bumped up a class with my Rickman and been able to give some of these guys a run.This bike give me the opportunity to run another class.Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers.Jerry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1992 750 Ninja 07 Dec 2014 19:31 #655600

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
These guys might have more answers for you.
zx6r.com/register.php
They cover 85'-97' zx600&zx750 bikes.

Good luck!
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerry a smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: