Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 Jun 2012 12:53 #528517

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Hey guys, I'm the organizer for Leg#2, Leg#1 had ended and we will be starting soon however there is a possible change in plans. It is looking more likely we will get the flag to our Canadian segment first and then bring it down into the states. If that happens we will be ending in Mississippi with BlackZ1-R near Jackson.

There seems to be a big push for avoiding mailing the flag so I'm guessing we would hand it off to your Texas riders at some midway point. There is a big discussion about this in the main relay thread.

I think you guys need to chime in on your part in the change so that everyone is comfortable with this change in route.

Also Bluej58 won't logistically fit as well in a north to south version of Leg#2 and would probably need to be in Leg#3. This is still early in the planning but I thought I'd let you know that so you can plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance of hearing from you!
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 Jun 2012 12:56 #528518

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
No worries, let the good times roll ;)
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 12 Jun 2012 14:52 #528542

• goodfastncheap
  • User
  • Thank you received: 38
I just PM'd N0NB in Maryville, KS...I'm in Omaha and can take a leg in Nebraska, maybe get it over to Iowa. Whatever works, I'm on board for a trip here.
1979 KZ650 B3
KZ Relay Rider #54, Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 13 Jun 2012 03:26 #528754

• gravit8
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm still hanging out in Iowa City for the moment, just got new tires and some other bits to bolt on the KZ1100A3, eventually I'm headed back to New Mexico (albuquerque) to do a leg there as well.

If it isn't too far off, I'm willing to meet somewhere, I'll ride a couple hundred miles assuming I've got the $$ for gas. Just throwin it out there, that google map was kinda funky last time I looked...
I honestly don't know how fast I was going, officer; My speedo tops out at 85...

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 13 Jun 2012 11:07 #528817

• goodfastncheap
  • User

gravit8 wrote: that google map was kinda funky last time I looked...

I sorta f'd it up, somehow it got my address when it put the pin in Omaha. Maybe whoever maintains it could fix that, I don't know. Haven't heard back from N0NB in Kansas about handing off to me linking NE and IA. But what we really need now is riders ND and SD.
1979 KZ650 B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 13 Jun 2012 14:49 #528857

• N0NB
  • User
  • Blue handles better
PM sent. I've been busy, of course, and am waiting to see how leg #2 comes along. I am subscribed to this thread so I receive all the messages via email which I do read even if I don't get around to posting in here.
Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )
The following user(s) said Thank You: gravit8

Last edit: by N0NB.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 13 Jun 2012 16:16 #528877

• kaw-a-holic
  • User
  • Thank you received: 248
I'm in MT is that leg 3 or 4?
Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 13 Jun 2012 17:40 #528900

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

goodfastncheap wrote:

I sorta f'd it up, somehow it got my address when it put the pin in Omaha. Maybe whoever maintains it could fix that, I don't know. Haven't heard back from N0NB in Kansas about handing off to me linking NE and IA. But what we really need now is riders ND and SD.

Fixed up your place marker as per your request. :)
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 14 Jun 2012 12:01 #529086

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
Hey KZJOE900, just confirming the proposed change in Leg#2! It will work to the best advantage to get the flag moving with the least number of delays if Leg#2 now runs North to South. We might be able to eliminate up to 2 mailings going in that direction instead of the original planned route too.

I will have the map of Leg#2 finished Friday night but the last Leg#2 rider will be in Jackson MS. We will pass it to your Texas riders. Let me know if there are any issues, we are trying to get this moving again! ;)
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 14 Jun 2012 13:14 #529101

• goodfastncheap
  • User

KZJOE900 wrote:

goodfastncheap wrote:

Fixed up your place marker as per your request. :)

Thanks Joe!

N0NB and I exchanged PM's and I am ready to get the flag from him and take it through NB into IA, assuming leg 3 goes south to north. We're flexible with timing and direction though.
1979 KZ650 B3

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 14 Jun 2012 16:52 #529124

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

KZ_Rage wrote: Hey KZJOE900, just confirming the proposed change in Leg#2! It will work to the best advantage to get the flag moving with the least number of delays if Leg#2 now runs North to South. We might be able to eliminate up to 2 mailings going in that direction instead of the original planned route too.

I will have the map of Leg#2 finished Friday night but the last Leg#2 rider will be in Jackson MS. We will pass it to your Texas riders. Let me know if there are any issues, we are trying to get this moving again! ;)

I think you guys are doing the right thing KZ_Rage. However, don't worry what I think, my part has long been done. And besides, Topper is the Leg #1 organizer. All I do now is try to cheer the rest riders on their progress and am also trying to post the progress (photos) directly on the Relay map designated with a green motorcycle icon as each hand off is completed. On a different topic, I hope people now realize how difficult it can be to time successive hand offs. The Florida boys got a little bashed in the beginning of the Relay. But stuff happens. So, I am so glad to see that everybody is being patient this time around. Keep up the good work guys and thanks for the members, like yourself, who stepped up to the plate to coordinate their Leg of the relay.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

Last edit: by KZJOE900.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 16 Jun 2012 09:41 #529551

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Looks like I'm on your crew now Tom. ;)

I can still run to the Beloit area if that works and I'm also good to go south, East and west a couple hundred miles if need be.

Or I can just ride along at some point,what ever works B)

JD

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

Last edit: by bluej58.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 18 Jun 2012 10:10 #530069

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
The new map of Leg 2 shows BlackZ1-R in Florence, MS as the hand off guy to leg 3.

Above him is Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota before it pops back into Canada, Yes ?

I'm working on getting the Illinois riders organized, if that's OK

Hopefully we've got ( ready2ryde1985 )in Alton,IL and ( Jim (rainman) ) by Quincy IL still in the Relay.
PM's sent.

I'm in Marseilles,IL and can easily meet Rainman half way and would still like to bring the flag up into Wisconsin as before.

Snarky30 and Bert75 haven't posted since Feb. and Mar. if your still interested please say so.

Arkansas and Missouri still need to work things out.

My 20 cents.

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 18 Jun 2012 16:44 #530125

• Snarky30
  • User
Snarky30 checking in. I've been keeping an eye on the thread but haven't said much. I'm definitely available to ride if needed, but I'm very close to ready2ryde1985 (about 25 minutes or so south), so I may just be an "if needed", or else his trip won't be very long.

Let me know where you need me. I'm pretty flexible and ready to ride.
1982 kz440 LTD Belt

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 18 Jun 2012 19:57 #530180

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Snarky, good to hear from you bro.

Still waiting to hear from ready2ryde1985 and there is a big gap between you and BlackZ1-R in Florence, MS, if you are cool with running South a bit first it would help out for sure.

We need Arkansas and Missouri riders ,big time.
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 19 Jun 2012 02:02 #530270

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
  • Thank you received: 75
Bluej58, Rainman is still in.

Crappiehunter (Ottumwa, IA), you still in?
Jdbusch (Herrin, IL), you still interested?
80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 26 Jun 2012 22:35 #532008

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

bluej58 wrote: Looks like I'm on your crew now Tom. ;)

Good to have you on the 3rd leg team.

I've been following the posts, just haven't had much to say for a while.

It looks like the flag is still in Massachuessetts (sp) It may be a while before it gets to Black Z1R in MS but we'll start planning now for leg 3. I need to hear from all the riders in TX, LA, OK, KS, MO, NB, IA, IL, WI, MN, ND, SD. This includes but is not limited to: BlackZ1R, WABBMW, BSKZ650, 531blackbanshee, Mac68, OKC_Kent, GhotrodR, Snarky30, readytoride1985, rainman, crappiehunter, justinZ830, NONB, goodfastncheap, Bert 75, BlueJ58, ajkzbobber, WendyS, Placemark103, DoubleDub DaddyJama, Moneypit, bearshawk, cregmanZ1, bekz.

I need your email addy that you look at every day, not your spam trap. A phone #, preferably a cell that you keep with you, a street address so I can map routes with Mapquest and what you ride and is it reliable.

I need this info soon to be able to figure who is available to ride.

Also, contact through PM's those riders that are nearest you to so you can set up routes and meeting places. You know your territory better than I or Mapquest does. Keep a dialogue going so that interest doesn't peter out.

OKC_Kent, are you still in OK or did you move? Your pin is in CO. now. Everyone else be sure your pin is in the proper place on the map. If you can't place it, email me and I can move it for you.

I'll start with BlackZ1R. Can you meet someone from Houston around Alexandria, LA? It's about 200 miles from you and another 200 miles to Houston. WABBMW can you meet BlackZ1R in LA? Or can BSKZ650 make this trip. It's a long haul, I know, but someone has to make it. The next stop is around Oklahoma City. whoever doesn't go to LA gets to go to Dallas to meet with the OK riders. Another long haul.

I'll try to keep this thread near the top of the list so ya'll don't think I'm sleeping. Let's get going, maybe we can prod the last of the leg 1 riders and the leg 2 riders into action. Let's get r done!
Tom Wait aka TomW
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
414/416-4891
West Bend, WI
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 27 Jun 2012 01:07 #532037

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
I think the guys out west, and myself, are waiting to see how the Rocky Mountain leg will end up. Which could be next year? Who knows at this point. It sure would be nice to see the Flag moving again, by bike and not the Post hopefully. But whatever happens happens. Its been Juneuary here anyway with temps 10 or more below average. Between the 2 street bikes I've only done maybe 2500mi so far this spring. If that flag gets near here somewhere and its not winter, I'll be ready.
B)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 27 Jun 2012 11:33 #532085

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

Motor Head wrote: I think the guys out west, and myself, are waiting to see how the Rocky Mountain leg will end up. Which could be next year? Who knows at this point. It sure would be nice to see the Flag moving again, by bike and not the Post hopefully. But whatever happens happens. Its been Juneuary here anyway with temps 10 or more below average. Between the 2 street bikes I've only done maybe 2500mi so far this spring. If that flag gets near here somewhere and its not winter, I'll be ready.
B)

I was waiting to see how leg 2 winds up. Recent events in the north got me moving again. I too hope to see more and faster progress.
With the huge gap between MN and MT I'm considering the possibility of finishing leg three down south with a pass to gravit8 in Albuquerque. This is very preliminary thinking.

I only have one response to my query so far, the rest will chime in soon.
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 27 Jun 2012 13:19 #532097

• Snarky30
  • User
Just sent you an email, Tom, to your sbc address with all my info. Can't wait to get ours started.
1982 kz440 LTD Belt