Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Canadian Relayers? 05 Aug 2012 16:22 #540861

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Moving the flag to Drooz from Mississauga tomorrow morning...
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Relayers? 06 Aug 2012 14:13 #541001

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
I met with Drew, and the flag is moving.

Glad to have been a part of the KZR Relay. B)
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Canadian Relayers? 24 Aug 2012 19:59 #544597

• grantorinobro
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
All you guys did a great job!
1982 GPZ 550 piped and jetted, stupidly loud at 10k rpm
1982 GPZ 550 resurrection in progress, eta April 2014, stock form for discretionary quiet time
1991 ZX11 parted out, this one carried the flag 300+ miles, unfortunately wiring harness melted and parting out was the only option, she was great

Canadian Relayers? 25 Oct 2012 22:11 #555769

• Link14
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Northern KZr riders!

TomW (Leg #3) and Link14 (Leg#4) are probably going to need some help coordinating the flag route through Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan before coming back south through Montana (or North Dakota depending how Leg#3 finishes). Will anyone up there be able to help out?

Thanks!

Canadian Relayers? 03 Nov 2012 20:47 #556976

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1

Will anyone up there be able to help out?

As of right now, the season is over.....and has been for about 2 weeks, when we got our first dump of snow.

As to coordination: there are so few of us on the Canadian prairies, I can't see a "coordinator" being required. Way back up in this thread we have myself and two or three other guys posting that they're ready to carry the flag.....but that's all in abeyance until next spring when the glaciers recede. There doesn't seem to be any other guys stepping forward at this time......but that could all change by next spring. I know I'll still be up for doing my share......at least for the southern Alberta leg. It may take a day or two to get it done because I'm not as fast as I used to be. :laugh:
We need to pick this back up in late March/early April when we have a better handle on the riding conditions.
My .25 worth....other comments/opinions definitely solicited.
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Canadian Relayers? 14 Apr 2013 19:16 #582302

• H2RICK
  • User
Alrighty.....it's April 14th and the world wants to know about the western Canadian leg of this relay.
I'm going to go riding again this year. I already have at least 3 rallies for old bikes lined up in western Canada.....1 in BC and 2 in SK.
Where did the flag end up last fall ?? Or am I completely out of the loop on this ??? All info gratefully solicited. :cheer:

Canadian Relayers? 14 Apr 2013 19:27 #582305

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Was in Chicago this weekend. Not sure of the route from their. But it is moving again , And that has to be a Good Thing !!!!

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Canadian Relayers? 14 Apr 2013 20:20 #582314

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
  • Thank you received: 75

H2RICK wrote: Alrighty.....it's April 14th and the world wants to know about the western Canadian leg of this relay.
I'm going to go riding again this year. I already have at least 3 rallies for old bikes lined up in western Canada.....1 in BC and 2 in SK.
Where did the flag end up last fall ?? Or am I completely out of the loop on this ??? All info gratefully solicited. :cheer:

It wintered in Quincy, IL (December 7, 2012 to April 6,2013). Moved from Quincy to SW of Chicago April 6 and on in to Chicago today. Check leg 3 post for details and pictures.

Jim
80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

Last edit: by Rainman.

Canadian Relayers? 15 Apr 2013 14:35 #582475

• H2RICK
  • User
Thanks for the updates, gents. I'll check over on the leg 3 thread and see what's what.

Canadian Relayers? 15 Apr 2013 15:44 #582488

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Where you from, Calgary ?
If so you probably can hook up with leg 4 or the West Coast .
The flag has been through Quebec and Ontario so far.

The next move is to get the flag into Wisconsin.

Here is a quote from our Leg 3 team Captain and next in line for the flag, " TomW "

Quote:
From Rainman in Quincy, IL to BlueJ58 in Marseilles, IL. BlueJ takes it into Chicago to Saxjones and another rider there, sorry I don't remember the name. I'll go into Chicago and pick it up and carry it into Wisconsin. There are several riders here. WendyS and DoubleDub in Madison, Daddy Jama in Oshkosh, I think Moneypit is up north (with a bent frame if memory serves) then into Minneapolis. A Minnesota rider goes west to clip the corners of the Dakotas and then the flag moves south into Iowa. There are 3 riders in IA, I think from Ottumwa all the way west to the Nebraska border. Then south into Kansas, Again multiple riders to cover that state. Then south west to New Mexico. That ends leg 3. Link 14 takes over from there to cover th4e really big Rocky Mountain states. I'll study the map some and come up with a detailed plan as I here from the individual riders.
Wake up every body! We're on the road again soon. *^$@#%^&( winter is almost gone and it's time to ride!
End quote.

I think it might be a good idea to include Manitoba in Leg 3 somehow.
JD

78 KZ1000 A2A
Attachments:

Last edit: by bluej58.

Canadian Relayers? 16 Apr 2013 21:21 #582731

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
You guys got anyone that can do Manitoba :huh:
78 KZ1000 A2A

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 10:56 #582792

• cregmanz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm here to cover Manitoba out of Winnipeg.I could pick up or drop off south as far as Fargo or roughly the same distance east or west of Winnipeg.We still got snow up here and it's f.....g cold.I'm away all of may,after i'm in.
Rainer

Winnipeg,MB

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 11:56 #582796

• H2RICK
  • User

There are 3 riders in IA, I think from Ottumwa all the way west to the Nebraska border. Then south into Kansas, Again multiple riders to cover that state. Then south west to New Mexico. That ends leg 3.

:(

It APPEARS that Canada is out of the loop AGAIN !!! New Mexico is a hell of a long way from ANYWHERE in Canada, unfortunately. Unless SOMEONE pulls their head out and bins that southwest direction of leg 3 we western Canadians will be left out in the cold on this whole thing.
Apparently the US folks do NOT care a bit about the western Canadian members of this board.
I stand to be corrected and welcome all corrections/clarifications from our US friends.....but right now things look "non-inclusive" for us "Canuckistanians".

Yep.....but I'll also be in Saskatchewan and BC this summer so can help in either/both of those
provinces........but as posted above it appears that I won't have to worry about carrying the flag anytime soon......if at all. :(

Last edit: by H2RICK.

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 19:44 #582853

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

cregmanz1 wrote: I'm here to cover Manitoba out of Winnipeg.I could pick up or drop off south as far as Fargo or roughly the same distance east or west of Winnipeg.We still got snow up here and it's f.....g cold.I'm away all of may,after i'm in.

THERE you are! :laugh: I knew there was a Winnepegger in this group. You gotta post more than once or twice a year to be noticed. ;) If the glaciers haven't receded I can change te route a bit to include you later in the season. I expect to get the flag this weekend if the rain lets up. Then several Wisconsin riders. I was planning on sending the flag up north toward Minneapolis after Wisconsin but it may be too early for you. It would probably be in May. If the flag doubles back to go through eastern Iowa first then north to Minneapolis and the Dakotas you would get it in warmer weather and you might be there! Where you gonna be in May?
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 19:50 #582856

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

H2RICK wrote:

There are 3 riders in IA, I think from Ottumwa all the way west to the Nebraska border. Then south into Kansas, Again multiple riders to cover that state. Then south west to New Mexico. That ends leg 3.

:(

It APPEARS that Canada is out of the loop AGAIN !!! New Mexico is a hell of a long way from ANYWHERE in Canada, unfortunately. Unless SOMEONE pulls their head out and bins that southwest direction of leg 3 we western Canadians will be left out in the cold on this whole thing.
Apparently the US folks do NOT care a bit about the western Canadian members of this board.
I stand to be corrected and welcome all corrections/clarifications from our US friends.....but right now things look "non-inclusive" for us "Canuckistanians".

Yep.....but I'll also be in Saskatchewan and BC this summer so can help in either/both of those
provinces........but as posted above it appears that I won't have to worry about carrying the flag anytime soon......if at all. :(

Canuckistan has never been out of the loop! You're in Calgary, way too far west for the 3rd leg. The top of the Rocky Mountain leg is where you fit in. Link14 is planning that portion. I'm wondering who is going into Saskatchewan. Any volunteers?
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 20:13 #582861

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
Make sure you guys give TomW your info. and especially a phone number !!!

You are not forgotten ! the flag moves at it's own pace, please be patient.

Tom , sending the flag to East Iowa sounds like a great idea, that would give Saxjonz, Forrest and me another chance to ride along, I may just get some cheese curds yet :woohoo:
78 KZ1000 A2A

Last edit: by bluej58.

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 20:29 #582863

• jeffasaki
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
im gonna take some time off this summer
and im not afraid to ride anywhere
if it needs to be done it shall be done
78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2013 20:35 #582865

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
You the man Jeff B) B) B) B) B)
78 KZ1000 A2A

Canadian Relayers? 18 Apr 2013 10:11 #582944

• cregmanz1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

THERE you are! I knew there was a Winnepegger in this group. You gotta post more than once or twice a year to be noticed.

THERE you are! I knew there was a Winnepegger in this group. You gotta post more than once or twice a year to be noticed.

Yeah I know,but often there aren't enough hours left at the end of the day.That's not the best excuse but it is how it is..Also i've had trouble for a while with the login to the forum.

If the glaciers haven't receded I can change te route a bit to include you later in the season.
Where you gonna be in May?

I'm going to Germany for my summer holidays.
Just this morning i woke up with the idea taking the flag with me to Germany and pass it around to my Z-Kawi buddys there.It is a very active Z community over there and since it is a"small"country the travel distances are often much shorter to your buddys.Too bad the time to arrange this is running out,i'm leaving may 1.
Rainer

Winnipeg,MB

Last edit: by cregmanz1.

Canadian Relayers? 27 Apr 2013 17:48 #584279

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member

bluej58 wrote: You guys got anyone that can do Manitoba :huh:

bump :huh:
78 KZ1000 A2A