Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 15 Aug 2012 17:35 #542817

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435

Renthorin wrote: I think do it sooner, rather than later. If you are like me, it gets harder to remember things as days go by.

A question - is the flag in a ziplock bag or anything? How is the ink holding up?

OK Will do.
The flag the journal and the Sharpies are in a ziplock bag and it is holding up very very well. It is a really high quality item. The ink is perfect. Still lots of space on the front and the back is untouched. There is a 2nd ziplock bag with the green flag for overflow signatures which I would say is a long ways off. The 2nd bag has about 20 KZR patches and a sticker. I dont want the sticker but did scan in case I want to print one for the wall later
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 15 Aug 2012 20:25 #542833

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1983
I have a few votes to cast.

Add Numbers now , As Will says we tend to forget things otherwise

ADD JACK TO THE FLAG, Have the Canadians do it while they have it out of RESPECT to a brother Kaw Rider

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 15 Aug 2012 20:37 #542838

• KZ_Rage
  • KZ_Rage's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19

andy9802gt wrote: I should be in possession of the flag next week sometime, so rage, kool aid, les who am i meeting and where? message me and let me know and we'll work out the when so we don't hold this thing up. I'm down to ride anywhere since the old girls been collecting dust in the garage for going on a month.

Andy, you will meet up with Wiggens, please PM him to get a meeting point set. Wiggens will take it to dmiller21283 then to cobura, then hypnohio, then me, then asevans, then Koolaid Kid, then Les Holt, then Ram, then Krazy Chris, then boatdrinks and finally BlackZ1R... whew!

Now any of you listed can ride as teams or solo, but if your name is on here and you WON'T be able to participate then either post here or PM me so we can plan ahead. I only ask that those who said they would relay the flag please be considerate enough to the rest of the riders to let us know as far in advance as possible that your NOT going to be able to participate!

Also if your name is on here then you know who it is coming from and going to, so PM those riders, don't be shy and wait for them to contact you, do it NOW so things are set up when the time comes!

Ok, I'm done for now, be safe and have fun with the relay!
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 15 Aug 2012 22:10 #542847

• Drooz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
I took the opportunity to replace one of the zip lock freezer bags when I had it. The zip lock wasn't zipping and locking any longer! :laugh: I'd expect someone else might have to do the same down the road! :lol:

Keep 'er goin' lads! B)
'77 kz1000 (zx10r) Modified/Street
'81 GPz550 "TrackBike"
'05 zx10r Retro/Mod Sportbike 4 SALE!!
'02 zrx1200r Lightly Modified Street SOLD!!
'74 h2b 750 (FZ600) "Mongrel" 2 Stroke SOLD!!

"Invictus Maneo" - I remain unvanquished.

Kawasaki - Let The Good Times Roll!

Mississauga, Ontario. CANADA

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 15 Aug 2012 22:45 #542853

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
  • Thank you received: 47
I'm still in. But desperately need a Cajun rider to fill in the 500 miler to Houston :pinch:
Haven't heard from any of the leg 3 guys yet. Sent PMs a while back.
Boatdrinks, do I need to meet you somewhere to lessen your load bro? Huntsville is a fer piece from me.

Is the flag still up near Jack's memorial spot?
Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 15 Aug 2012 23:32 #542859

• boatdrinks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 54
Z1, shouldn't be a problem. Krazy Chris said he wanted to make the ride with me and I may have a couple of volunteers to ride along as well. A couple of buddies one on a Black Bomber and the other either on a '79 CBX or '82 Seca Turbo, depending on his mood. It will be a long day but I think we can do it. We will also have a support vehicle driven by my 16 year old son.
Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 00:54 #542883

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood

boatdrinks wrote: Z1, shouldn't be a problem. Krazy Chris said he wanted to make the ride with me and I may have a couple of volunteers to ride along as well. A couple of buddies one on a Black Bomber and the other either on a '79 CBX or '82 Seca Turbo, depending on his mood. It will be a long day but I think we can do it. We will also have a support vehicle driven by my 16 year old son.

10-4. Sounds like y'all have a plan. Should be good riding weather when we get it.
Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 09:24 #542913

• boatdrinks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 54
Let's hope the plan holds together, looking forward to it!
Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 20:35 #542973

• Bear1
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
THE FLAG IS BACK IN THE STATES!!!
I met with J.R. in Port Huron this afternoon. We spent a few minutes talking then headed out to beat a thunderstorm that didn't happen. J.R. It was nice meeting you. Will and Dave I'll be in touch with a time for Saturday. Hopefully the weather holds. I don't want to slow down the momentum.
'82 750 LTD

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 20:38 #542974

• Street Fighter LTD

Bear1 wrote: THE FLAG IS BACK IN THE STATES!!!
I met with J.R. in Port Huron this afternoon. We spent a few minutes talking then headed out to beat a thunderstorm that didn't happen. J.R. It was nice meeting you. Will and Dave I'll be in touch with a time for Saturday. Hopefully the weather holds. I don't want to slow down the momentum.[/quote

Ready Willing and Able B) B) B)

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 20:54 #542975

• Renthorin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The weather for this weekend looks great : - )
1977 kz650 B
Dexter Michigan, USA.

Just the average boy next door. I enjoy: SCUBA, drag racing, car shows, dog shows, dog agility, dog sledding, camping (tent), hiking, target shooting (gun/crossbow), landscaping/gardening, and finally getting back into motorcycles.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 21:05 #542977

• JR
  • Sustaining Member

I met with J.R. in Port Huron this afternoon. We spent a few minutes talking then headed out to beat a thunderstorm that didn't happen. J.R. It was nice meeting you. Will and Dave I'll be in touch with a time for Saturday. Hopefully the weather holds. I don't want to slow down the momentum.

Yes guys you have the flag again.
It was great to meet you also Bear1 and once again apologies for being late - very slow traffic on the bridge in the lead up to customs and immigration.

I'll post some pics later in photo album in Ride Reports
Meanwhile here's the 2 of us in Port Huron MI with the flag and Sarnia Canada the other side of the river

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 21:47 #542981

• KraZy Chris
  • User

boatdrinks wrote: Z1, shouldn't be a problem. Krazy Chris said he wanted to make the ride with me and I may have a couple of volunteers to ride along as well. A couple of buddies one on a Black Bomber and the other either on a '79 CBX or '82 Seca Turbo, depending on his mood. It will be a long day but I think we can do it. We will also have a support vehicle driven by my 16 year old son.

sounds good boatdrinks! You guys are welcome to ride north w me to get the flag if yall want to!!
78 KZ1000, Middle TN

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 22:27 #542982

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood

Did it get to Jack's memorial spot? Or will it be going back? :unsure:
Kawasaki

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 16 Aug 2012 22:49 #542985

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
Yes, the flag made it through London and I added Jacks name.
See the photo album in the Ride Reports section
kzrider.com/forum/17-ride-reports/508405...um?limit=20&start=80

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 17 Aug 2012 16:08 #543120

• KZ_Rage
  • KZ_Rage's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Top notch job by the Canadian contingent of this leg to get it through so quickly! My hat is off to you guys! Just 3 weeks and 4 days to cross through! Hope the rest of leg#2 can match that pace!

I'm hoping we can get the flag down through Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, W.Virginia back to Ohio, Indiana and into Kentucky before it too much time passes. It can move though the south fairly easily later when it is cooler. Leg#3 is going to be the tricky one so lets help them as much as possible by keeping this moving along!

Thank you for taking time to remember Jack, the riders are the reason this relay is even possible so paying homage to his memory was the right thing to do IMHO.

Remember guys, contact your from and to riders now so plans can be firmed up. If someone isn't responding then post a call-out here to them. We will have to make other plans if someone goes MIA, so don't be that guy!
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Last edit: by KZ_Rage. Reason: forgot a few things...

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 18 Aug 2012 17:58 #543298

• Renthorin
  • User
Streetfighter (Dave) and I picked up the flag from Bear1 (Jerry) around noon today. The weather is beautiful and supposed to be just as nice for tomorrow's ride out to see KZCurt and Harm.

Only had one mishap on the ride. As we were stopping the bikes at the meeting point...Dave's rear tire was making the dreaded hissssss......

He picked up a screw along the ride. At least it held air until we met up with Bear1.

Dave's brother was kind enough to come by with his awesome truck and pick up the bike.

I've added my pictures to the photo thread
1977 kz650 B
Dexter Michigan, USA.

Just the average boy next door. I enjoy: SCUBA, drag racing, car shows, dog shows, dog agility, dog sledding, camping (tent), hiking, target shooting (gun/crossbow), landscaping/gardening, and finally getting back into motorcycles.

Last edit: by Renthorin.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 18 Aug 2012 19:47 #543317

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Great news guys! Glad to see its moving along. Use to live in Mi when I had my '74 Z1. Use to try to hit all the quaint little towns like Hillsdale, Tecumseh, Manchester, etc. Nice picturesque country side there. Where did the hand off take place? And where is it planned for tomorrow? Just curious since I know lower Mi pretty good. Ride safe and have fun.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 18 Aug 2012 20:39 #543323

• Renthorin
  • User
We met Bear1 in Flint, just off of 69 at a Bob Evans. Great place for lunch while you wait for the help to show up : -)

My riding buddy (not on here - Honda Shadow 750) and I took the flag back home to Dexter.

Tomorrow we head over to Gun Lake, a bit south of Grand Rapids. There we will pass the flag to KZcurt and Harm.

Will
1977 kz650 B
Dexter Michigan, USA.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 18 Aug 2012 22:06 #543329

• Street Fighter LTD
Made it home with a new tube . Only caused me a 2 hour delay with my Brothers awesome help. All new pics will be up after Sundays flag passing B)