TOPIC:

Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread 12 Jul 2023 16:30 #887173

• Nessism
  • Nessism's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 2678
1 75345882791C - 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape 70508

1 75345882809C - 3M Scotchcal Striping Tape 70509

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread 13 Jul 2023 16:08 #887198

• Franklin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Thanks for that. A little bit hard to find those searching but they did turn up, showing 3/16" width. I measured the stock stripes on mine, they are just over 1/8" each color so that's pretty close and now I know which colors to look for.

Last edit: by Franklin.

Retroactive KZ750E Project Thread 23 Mar 2024 19:17 #896808

• zimmermanjoshua
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Nessism, 
i have been following you on kzrider and pecking at your threads for assistance. my name is scooter, from texas. i am in the middle of a rebuild and i am having a huge issue w/ carbs. i had everything running then swapped out a new set of “rebuilt” tk26 carbs, the other set has sticking CV diaphragm's that are stiff and stick when i crack the accelerator. i was going to send  them to  george but the reviews for this work are not great, and well the wait period is 9 months as of last summer. so i decided to ebay purchase a beautiful set of slide tk22. current the boots a much bigger then the size of the tk22’s.

may i ask what would you do at this point.  i am not riding my project bike, i feel like i hit a wall on this . i have 2 sets of tk26 cv carbs (need rework, and tough diapghrms) and a set of tk22 slides  carbs i need boots for. 
1.) do you know where one might get boots to fit from the engine to smaller tk22’s
2.) do you know where one might get a set of carbs rebuilt for 1983 kz 550 ? that is reliable ? 
i like your work, work project bike and i would appreciate the suggestions.
scooter
r
thanks    
zimmerman.joshua