Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Nodakkz First Build. 1977 KZ400 Brat Style Project 16 Oct 2016 11:08 #745343

• nodakkz
  • nodakkz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all! This is my first motorcycle and will be my first build as well. I come from the car world and have had plenty of project cars. I figured it was time to get myself a motorcycle. I picked up this 77 KZ400 for pretty cheap. Ran fine when I got it then it started acting up a couple days later. Ignition system needed to be replaced, wouldn't idle, low compression, etc... Pretty much story of my life with every vehicle I have owned. Anyways, in North Dakota 3/4 of the year is winter so I figured it would give me plenty of time to just redo the bike and start from square one. I have always wanted a brat style or cafe racer styled bike so here begins the process of finally owning one... I will be capturing the process of this build a bit differently than usual. I plan to take time lapses of the whole process of the build from disassembly to assembly. I would appreciate any input or constructive criticism. Thank you!

Here is part 1... Engine disassembly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Patton. Reason: add tags

Nodakkz First Build. 1977 KZ400 Brat Style Project 19 Oct 2016 13:03 #745685

• tv_cafewannabe
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Nice looking project. Looking forward to the progress.

I'm doing a cafe build from an 82 KZ750M.

Where you from in NoDak? I'm originally from Minot but lived in MSP for 10 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: