• Page:

TOPIC:

First build and taking it slow for now. 31 Jul 2015 14:10 #683635

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2599
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First build and taking it slow for now. 01 Aug 2015 06:27 #683735

• Slopar00
  • Slopar00's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice..
83 kz 440 bobber build. It's my 1st bike/ build I've ever done so it's coming along slow.

First build and taking it slow for now. 08 Aug 2015 08:46 #684905

• Slopar00
  • User
So j just got the rest of my spare parts for my bike. I got a few front fenders and a few more rear fenders. Any ideas on ways to modify them? I really want to do something g with my rear fender but I don't know where to start with it. I was hoping some of you guys could try and help me out with some ideas or any advice on what not to do or what to do.

BTW I recently picked up a set of progressive shocks for my bike that came off a sportster (paid 20 bucks for them :) ) they Dropped the rear about 2". Love the stiff ride and not bouncy of the old shocks I just need to put new bushings in these shocks.
83 kz 440 bobber build. It's my 1st bike/ build I've ever done so it's coming along slow.

Last edit: by Slopar00.

First build and taking it slow for now. 30 Jan 2016 13:12 #708607

• Slopar00
  • User
update. . .

I've installed the seat on my bike and made my own brackets. Found some 8" apes and threw those on it. Rode the crap outta it and now it's in storage for the winter months. I've been buying and hordeing parts for it since it was put in storage and so far I have.
-Lowbrow stingray rear fender
-Progressive 10.5" springs from my buddy's sportster
-broomstick bars
-mx style levers and reservoir
-new gel cell battery
-bar end mirrors
-new headlight and mount (similar to the one above but in yellow)
-swapping the hair pin style seat springs for some 4" barrel springs(also moving the seat back about 3-4" to help with a little more leg room)

The only thing that is left that I'm doing when I pull it out of storage im dropping it off at the local kawi guru and he is going through the motor/transmission for a tune up and see if I can pull a few extra ponies out of it.

I'll post pictures when I get it done. For now there's a pile of parts and my bike is about 100 miles away :(

One other thing I've been looking into is a chin spoiler on the bike. I see kits on ebay. I'm going to probably buy one and fab it on. Anyone ever use one of those kits?

• Page: