Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

82 750 Spectre project. 30 Aug 2015 15:25 #687892

• medic455
  • medic455's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0

Not sure how far you've gotten here but, how did you determine there was an overbore of.020"-.030" with no measuring tools?
If you just looked down the bore holes and saw pistons with a big gap around the top crown/land... then you really don't know anything about it yet. Many pistons are even made that way on purpose!

I have not "determined yet" I may not have been clear in my writing this is what I suspect. I was reading 66.3 mm bore with a 20 dollar dial caliper I don't trust and tomorrow I am going to take my quality caliper to take some measurements. But a .5 mm overbore would be about I mentioned .020 or .030 overbore because they are common and again what I suspect. But my writing may not have been clear lol. .5 mm bore difference can be noticeable though. So far the reading with the crappy tools is pointing towards what I suspect. If I am wrong, that that would be great news :). Of course I do have two bent rods that one was obvious unfortunately.

Of course I will update with more accurate measurements. I am hoping I am wrong.
Do what is right, do what is necessary. Everything else is negotiable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

82 750 Spectre project. 04 Oct 2015 15:32 #693340

• medic455
  • User
Finally got some more work done this weekend. Got my rear shocks in from Dime city cycles ( I know now the best but they will work for now) mocked up the rear end to see how far I really wanted to chop the rear.

After that I welded it up, haven't welded in 12 years but it went pretty well for using a cheap welder.

Grinded down the welds from all the brackets I cut off and sprayed some temporary primer on it so it wouldn't rust.

82 750 Spectre project. 08 Jan 2016 16:37 #706014

• medic455
  • User
Finally able to get some more work done. I found an engine with 8k miles on it in great shape and got it into the frame. New steering stem bearings installed also. Still have a long way to go but its nice to be installing parts back into the frame.

This weekend I think I am going to spend some time polishing the engine covers.

Last edit: by medic455.