Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1981 KZ650 CSR Fun Bike 11 Nov 2014 11:31 #653373

• Tatür
  • Tatür's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So just over a year ago I picked up this bike because I was between projects and wanted something to paint on/cut up. I would occasionally tinker on it from time to time, ordering a few new parts here and there. As with many projects, it stalled out while I moved on to other toys. It wasn't until recently that I finally got to ride this thing just in time for winter (not that Texas really has a winter). I would eventually bob the rear off making a duck tail and chopping the OG seat pan down both lengthwise and width-wise so it would hug the frame a little better. I built a really ugly box to hide my electronics and ballistic battery. I painted the tank 3 or 4 times trying different combinations of colors/effects. Slapped on some clip-ons and made a makeshift switch panel. Original plan was to try and make it look like a classic chopper/cruiser, but I believe I will redo things this winter to give it more of the drag look. This will include a whole new paint job, lowering the clip ons, building a new seat and a rear fender and making a new electrical box that flows better with the frame. I think I will lower the upper part of the frame where the seat rests to allow me to sit lower, but will need to do some mockup before I cut that.

Anyways, I just wanted to share what I've been tinkering on. Feedback is always welcome.
81 KZ650 CSR
78 KZ1000
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: