Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1980 KZ 750 (E?) Fixer (Picture Heavy) 16 Apr 2014 22:43 #629372

• Polarbeezy
  • Polarbeezy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Hey guys, I just joined the forums a few days ago after buying my 1980 KZ750 (what I believe is an E). I picked this girl up off of craigslist for $350. It was bought buy some guy who had purchased it being told it ran the previous year and when he went to start the girl she wouldn't go. I was told that it would turn but it just wouldn't run and the guy I purchased it from started to do what I'm doing now (clean her up to run) and he just didn't have the time to do so. The shop it was at said the compression is good in the engine so I am hoping she is just a quick fix. It was laid down at least once but from what I have seen and a couple of mechanical friends and family of mine, the bike only suffered a dent in the tank and the headlight has a pretty good scuff. Everything else is in line and straight. I have the title and its the original so it's not a salvage (thank goodness). I have little to no experience mechanically other than assisting in changing my disk brakes, oil, spark plugs and changing my battery in my car. I have no bike experience at all, this is my first project and motorcycle, I want to get my hands dirty before attending school in the fall for powersport mechanics at SUNY Canton. I hope to meet some awesome people to guide me along here as I make this bike a daily runner. Right now as she stands, the bike was stored in a shop that wasn't exactly the cleanest so she has accumulated a lot of dust and dirt. I didn't try and start it because of how dirty she is and i'm going to clean her up first so when I do get to problem solving, it will go a lot smoother being able to identify what's really wrong. Right now I am thinking it's the carbs that need to be cleaned because after removing the air filter, my god... Alright, enough writing. This is what she looks like.

Attachment 20140407_102635.jpg not found

Attachment 20140407_104512.jpg not found

Attachment 20140407_104521.jpg not found

Attachment 20140407_104537.jpg not found

Attachment 20140407_110248.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: