Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 03 Mar 2014 11:51 #624029

• motomadlin32
  • motomadlin32's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Oh yeah!!! She is coming together nicely! I was able to make some awesome progress yesterday on my bday WOOT!! Woot!!!....
It is a roller again I am very excited with how it's coming along. Still lots to do but motivation is through the roof to get this done and done well. Stay tuned for more progress.

Paint scheme ideas/pics encouraged!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

'80 KZ750E cafe build 06 Mar 2014 23:10 #624396

• motomadlin32
  • User
Finally started working on the tank. First time working with bondo so that was a little interesting lol tank was in pretty good shape just had a few shallow dings here and there. Still have a little more to do but seems to be coming along well enough.
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 08 Mar 2014 21:54 #624585

• motomadlin32
  • User
Just some work I've done today!
Finally finished wrapping the exhaust. Hope it holds up bit I think it's good for my first time.

Another first for me is working with bondo lol tricky stuff. Still needs a little more and lots and lots more sanding. I had mixed feeling about deleting the badges but with the paint scheme in doing it would have been conflicting so I just went for it :) lol even though I may get crucified by some for doing it haha. We'll enjoy the updated pics! Comments and advice is encouraged let me know what y'all think. For a first project this one has been quit the learning experience and I'm doing my best to not rush things. However I'm on a time crunch (30 days till I get moved to North Carolina).
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 19 Mar 2014 12:38 #625777

• motomadlin32
  • User
Started running the carbs the other day and had an issue with bowls overflowing. We took the bowls off to check the float level and the new gaskets got ruined. Ordered new gaskets and those should be here today. I also ordered my new helmet, throttle and clutch cables. Another set back was I ordered a chain but turns out it was too big (630) the sprockets appear to be 530. So heading over to cycle gear to pick up a chain.
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 23 Mar 2014 03:27 #626196

• motomadlin32
  • User
6mo later I finally got to go on my first test ride!! Man this thing is awesome, I couldn't believe how smooth she was. It literally felt like a brand new bike! Carbs still need a little more dialing in but everything else is as solid as could be. Shifting, brakes, steering, suspension all felt absolutely amazing lol don't mean to toot my own horn but for a first project I've built one hell of a machine lol can't wait to finish the body work and make this bike look as good as it feels. This project has definitely had some ups and downs but I am definitely falling for this bike haha
The cardboard seat just might stay awhile.....NOT!! Lol
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 09 May 2014 19:10 #631986

• motomadlin32
  • User
So finally got moved to North Carolina and got my bike back from the movers. Everything still seems to be intact. However when I took it for a ride around the block the front brake kept grabbing more and more until the front wheel wouldn't turn. Seems the piston wasn't retracting back like it should have and actually melted the rubber seal around the piston. Any thoughts on what happened or what I need to do to fix it. I'm guessing a rebuild kit considering the rubber has a hole in it now and dirt and grime will just get to the piston and cause it to jam up again.

'80 KZ750E cafe build 03 Jun 2014 18:46 #635235

• motomadlin32
  • User
Not sure if anyone is still following lol but I ordered a new brake master cylinder, steel lines, and rebuild kits. Just got the calipers tore all the way down. Can't wait!!! The bike is still not running perfect yet but hopefully more tuning will help. DID I MENTION I GOT THE TITLE :) lol talk about dodging a bullet. It was a huge hassle and definitely do not recommend it. Anyways keep on ridin' see ya
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 25 Nov 2014 12:50 #654613

• motomadlin32
  • User
Getting soo close I can't wait. Soo about a month ago I broke down and took the bike to a shop to have them finish the wiring and seat/tail. It should be done in about a week. I will be doing the paint myself so hoping for some input. Not sure of anyone is even still following my post cause it's been over a year since i started this project. Here's some pictures of the tail and paint ideas. Let me know what you guys think
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 25 Nov 2014 17:04 #654638

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
  • Thank you received: 664
the dark blue 75 Z1 paint is my vote. always loved that color/stripe scheme. tail looks good on the 750.

'80 KZ750E cafe build 19 Jan 2015 13:25 #659113

• motomadlin32
  • User
Finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Been a long project can't wait to ride.
Attachments:

'80 KZ750E cafe build 19 Jan 2015 14:23 #659116

• davido
  • User
  • Thank you received: 285
Looks good,Im about to start fighting with my tail piece. Any advice?
What model/yeartail light are you using?
www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550
(CB500/4)
(CBX750)
GSF600
KZ1000CSR
XT 600e

'80 KZ750E cafe build 19 Jan 2015 15:00 #659124

• motomadlin32
  • User
Tail piece is from a kz1000 77-up. The shop that was finishing up my project did it. (Starship Engineering, North Carolina US) they said it took some trimming but wasn't too bad to mount up to the kz750.