Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 14 Aug 2012 12:47 #542544

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
At least they repaved the bottom end. Too bad the top end could use a repaving. :(

Last time I went with my car, I got at least 4 runs in. I was trapping at 98mph and even in a car it was rough!

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 01:04 #543543

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
Did you get to run over the weekend?
Larry C.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 10:40 #543594

• JEFFG1
  • JEFFG1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
well 2 weeks ago we were going to race on fri. at a 1/8 mile track and it rained so we figured we would go to 42 on sat. well it rained all day so that was out of the question ! well there is alway tomarrow that would have been sun. the track decides they want a day off, hell there only open on the weekend anyway , go figure . so now it is wed. of last week take it to norwalk on wed. test and tune all pumped up pull it off the trailer start to push it to teck and the frt. sprocket was loose which i didnt know the chain hit the cluch actuator and messed it up so i got about 10 feet with it :angry: that night was over so here we are this sat.delieve me thurs. & fri. i went through that bike every nut and bolt this thing is ready .here we are sat. back up to 42 super pumped got 6 runs man let me tell you it pulls hard but found out that (1) i need a slick (2) i need to regear (3) i need to figure out the autoshift . trying to keep the rear tire under it was super hard to do it was spinning at take off and when i hit 2nd gear. i wouldnt have this problem at norwalk , much better prepaired track. but none the less it is a dragbike so put a drag tire on it ;).never used the air clutch i knew that wouldent hook. i was leaving the line at 5500 started out at 6500 that is somthing i am going to have to figure out also. as far as the gearing i was only gaining about 20 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 i mite be wrong but that tells me that i am running out of gear plus the fact that i could hear it and feel it. now the auto shift i had a 8000 chip in it 1 time it worked the other times it would only go through 3 gears not sure what the deal on that is? so the best time was a 11.40 and that reflects the tire & gear but i leared alot out of the 6 runs and it will get alot better with some changes. i was useing the airshift but with out a shift lite i was guessing and fighting to keep it in the groove i had my hands full so that hurt the ets also. i can tell that the bike will run 10s all day long with a few changes.my wife had the camara she is not much of a movie maker ( but she cooks and works ) so cant bitch to much ;) but here is what she got and i will take a pic of my best time slip and put it on when i get home tonite. :( i am uploading pics now i will put them on i about a hour or so.
1976 KZ 900 PRO STREET 1977 kz1000 dragbike project

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 10:59 #543604

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
  • Thank you received: 299
Dont feel too bad my first 5-6 launches on my my bike with no slick/bar looked more like moon shots than hole shots! :sick: :woohoo:
Like I said it all takes time and fine tuning B)
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 15:32 #543657

• racer54
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 114
You mean everything doesn't work out right the first time so you look like a hero? :ohmy: :laugh:
1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 16:38 #543666

• JEFFG1
  • User
here is a few pics & vids

Attachment Picture150.jpg not found

Attachment Picture149.jpg not found

Attachment Picture151.jpg not found

all you have to do on the last 2 pics is click on them vidio will pop up
Attachments:

Last edit: by JEFFG1.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 16:46 #543668

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1972
Thanks for posting the pics and video. :)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 16:50 #543669

• JEFFG1
  • User
here is one more as you can see it dont like that tire<object><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="www.facebook.com/v/394559107274937">www.facebook.com/v/394559107274937" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1">

Last edit: by JEFFG1.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 17:03 #543673

• OLMEK
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Jeff the bike LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! You have done a GREAT JOB!!!!! Saving my money now .... :)

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 21:02 #543725

• JEFFG1
  • User
( olmek ) thanks for the like and make sure you save enough to send your head to larry c. to work your head, i will tell you till i got use to it i thought my nuts were getting sucked through the carbs i swear i could hear the air being sucked in there ;)i was wondering if you math whizzes out there know,i said i need to change gearing and tire so i have been looking into tires and the shinko 7" slick is 27-7-17 and the tire i have on now is around 24-7-17 so how many teeth on the rear wheel would it change?? i would think that it would change about 2 teeth mybe more i dont realy know.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 22:31 #543746

• wireman
  • User

racer54 wrote: You mean everything doesn't work out right the first time so you look like a hero? :ohmy: :laugh:

EXACTLY :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Took me a season and a half to get the 1327 down to 6.15 in the 1/8 with no slick/bar with just a 3" over arm ,1st time my 19yr old daughter took it down the track with same combo after I worked the bugs out of it she ran a freaking 6.20 on the damn thing thing! F-ing kids! :sick: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :woohoo:
Of course if I was 5' tall and weighed 105 lbs Id be a freaking horse jockey! :woohoo:
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 22:37 #543749

• wireman
  • User

JEFFG1 wrote: ( olmek ) thanks for the like and make sure you save enough to send your head to larry c. to work your head, i will tell you till i got use to it i thought my nuts were getting sucked through the carbs i swear i could hear the air being sucked in there ;)i was wondering if you math whizzes out there know,i said i need to change gearing and tire so i have been looking into tires and the shinko 7" slick is 27-7-17 and the tire i have on now is around 24-7-17 so how many teeth on the rear wheel would it change?? i would think that it would change about 2 teeth mybe more i dont realy know.

That taller tire we'll hurt your short times getting it rolling,but should give you a little more on the big end.
Id try it with the same gearing and see what it does for you,then toy with the gearing as needed.
Changing too many things at once will leave you with more questions than answers. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD