Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 10 Aug 2012 17:32 #541792

• Sellitto42kz
  • User
  • Sellitto
  • Thank you received: 2
Looks suppper fatt- Check out my taillight maybe get urs to sit a little better love the clear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 10 Aug 2012 17:58 #541799

• JEFFG1
  • JEFFG1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
i dont have a t/lamp
1976 KZ 900 PRO STREET 1977 kz1000 dragbike project

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 10 Aug 2012 22:03 #541849

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
  • Thank you received: 299
New motor/new chassis lots of bugs to work out before ya get going fast consistantly.
Im gonna say mid/low 11s till you get things sorted out is a good starting point,no sense in trying to break things first time out B)
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 11 Aug 2012 18:36 #541976

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
Good Luck Jeff. Hope things smooth out for you. You're due for some luck to creep in sooner or later B)
Larry C.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 13 Aug 2012 17:40 #542330

• wireman
  • User
So how did it go? B)
posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 14 Aug 2012 08:53 #542495

• JEFFG1
  • User
well it rained all day sat so we were going to go sunday. can you believe it they closed the track down sun. i think they are have money problems.. we have everything loaded so we are going to another track wed. tomarrow i will have time slips then. much nicer track norwalk raceway park they hold the nhra races there. the other track is dragway 42 i of the first 4 lane tracks in the country hope it dont go down for good that would be a shame. been around for 50 some years

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 14 Aug 2012 11:49 #542528

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
42 is about an 45-50mins from me. Shoot me a PM next time you go and I might be able to meet up with you.

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 14 Aug 2012 12:24 #542535

• JEFFG1
  • User
doug, that would be great we go up there about every weekend its a rough track but you can run alot for the money :woohoo: i will let you know was going to go this weekend but it looks like rain as of now we will see.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 14 Aug 2012 12:47 #542544

• StreetfighterKz
  • User
  • Thank you received: 117
At least they repaved the bottom end. Too bad the top end could use a repaving. :(

Last time I went with my car, I got at least 4 runs in. I was trapping at 98mph and even in a car it was rough!

Later, Doug
1978 z1000 Streetfighter
1976 z900 Stripfighter (work in progress)
1983 Gpz750 Resto-Mod
1989 Vmax

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 01:04 #543543

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
Did you get to run over the weekend?
Larry C.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 10:40 #543594

• JEFFG1
  • User
well 2 weeks ago we were going to race on fri. at a 1/8 mile track and it rained so we figured we would go to 42 on sat. well it rained all day so that was out of the question ! well there is alway tomarrow that would have been sun. the track decides they want a day off, hell there only open on the weekend anyway , go figure . so now it is wed. of last week take it to norwalk on wed. test and tune all pumped up pull it off the trailer start to push it to teck and the frt. sprocket was loose which i didnt know the chain hit the cluch actuator and messed it up so i got about 10 feet with it :angry: that night was over so here we are this sat.delieve me thurs. & fri. i went through that bike every nut and bolt this thing is ready .here we are sat. back up to 42 super pumped got 6 runs man let me tell you it pulls hard but found out that (1) i need a slick (2) i need to regear (3) i need to figure out the autoshift . trying to keep the rear tire under it was super hard to do it was spinning at take off and when i hit 2nd gear. i wouldnt have this problem at norwalk , much better prepaired track. but none the less it is a dragbike so put a drag tire on it ;).never used the air clutch i knew that wouldent hook. i was leaving the line at 5500 started out at 6500 that is somthing i am going to have to figure out also. as far as the gearing i was only gaining about 20 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4 i mite be wrong but that tells me that i am running out of gear plus the fact that i could hear it and feel it. now the auto shift i had a 8000 chip in it 1 time it worked the other times it would only go through 3 gears not sure what the deal on that is? so the best time was a 11.40 and that reflects the tire & gear but i leared alot out of the 6 runs and it will get alot better with some changes. i was useing the airshift but with out a shift lite i was guessing and fighting to keep it in the groove i had my hands full so that hurt the ets also. i can tell that the bike will run 10s all day long with a few changes.my wife had the camara she is not much of a movie maker ( but she cooks and works ) so cant bitch to much ;) but here is what she got and i will take a pic of my best time slip and put it on when i get home tonite. :( i am uploading pics now i will put them on i about a hour or so.

THIS TIME ITS A DRAGBIKE 20 Aug 2012 10:59 #543604

• wireman
  • User
Dont feel too bad my first 5-6 launches on my my bike with no slick/bar looked more like moon shots than hole shots! :sick: :woohoo:
Like I said it all takes time and fine tuning B)