Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 04 Apr 2014 08:47 #627824

• zed1015
  • zed1015's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1441

floivanus wrote: Man that white wall kinda ruins that pic for me, can hardly make out the gas tank ya made.

Yeah! I know i'll take some better pic,s when the weather fines up here.
These are the one's I took to email to the insurance this morning , I declared all the mods and expected a real shock but they came back with £120. fully comp with agreed value, unlimited mileage, overseas cover, all the bells and whistles etc so I am one happy customer.
Just need a sunny day for the MOT then the fun begins with ironing out the bugs and fueling :)
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 04 Apr 2014 09:07 #627830

• floivanus
  • User
  • Thank you received: 116
That doesnt sound like a bad price, I have a buddy who insured a 600cc sportbike, $400 a month. Imagine how shocked he was

I have to say this is probably one of five "cafe" bikes I have seen that actually are nice great job man
my bikes; 80kz1000(project), 77 gl1000, 74 h2 (project)
Past; 78 kz1000, 83 kz550
Andrew

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 04 Apr 2014 12:02 #627849

• NakedFun
  • User
  • Thank you received: 99
Amazing craftsmanship. As always, stunned and in awe. One question though, can you pass MOT without a headlight? Atleast I haven't noticed one (or the discussion about it)?

Cory
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14
1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
1976 Kawasaki KZ900

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 04 Apr 2014 15:46 #627875

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309
That aluminum panel worked out well :)
Larry C.

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 05 Apr 2014 03:26 #627926

• zed1015
  • User

NakedFun wrote: Amazing craftsmanship. As always, stunned and in awe. One question though, can you pass MOT without a headlight? Atleast I haven't noticed one (or the discussion about it)?
Cory

Yes it will pass the MOT.
For daylight running the minimum that is required is a constant sounding horn and a speedo.
It doesn't even need a brake light but I fitted one for safety to prevent dopey cage drivers running up my arse.
Also most cops don't fully know the vehicle regs so I thought i'd make it look more normal from behind to cut down the amount of times I get pulled and have to explain the ins and outs of the law to them.
I will probably carry a laminated copy of the regs to make life easier.
AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 05 Apr 2014 03:33 #627927

• zed1015
  • User

LarryC wrote: That aluminum panel worked out well :)

Yes! Thanks.
That was one of those details that took more thought to get right than some of the bigger items on the bike .
It is painted black now and blends in really well.
Will try and get some proper outside pics once the weather here is good enough.

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 05 Apr 2014 06:49 #627934

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443
Outstanding bike! Perfect blend of craftsmanship and technology. I would be nervous pulling up to you at a stop light with my girly bike, LOL. Aside from the apparent accomplishments on the bike, just the fact to see one of these projects completed is gratifying in itself. Never had any doubts in your case Zed. But still nice to see another one completed. Good show!
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 11 Apr 2014 11:42 #628701

• zed1015
  • User
All taxed, tested and released into the wild :)
Took it for an 80 odd mile shakedown run after the trip to the MOT and nothing needs doing. :blink:
Perfect straight out of the box, timing, jetting ,handling all spot on, can't believe it.
I,m either very lucky or I sort of know what i'm doing :laugh:
Bloody thing goes like a scolded cat.
Weighed the back and front separately for the brake test and it's 102kg front and 93kg rear which apparently is on par with an R6 so it's got to be well under 195kg all in.
Still got a weird charging gremlin though coz shortly after these pic's the battery suddenly went dead on the ride (thrash) back and I had to push it 1/2 mile home.
Something not right with the lith battery or race alt but when tested it shows charge .bloody odd ?
Might throw it all in the bin and make my own set up, at least I know it will work then.

Last edit: by zed1015.

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 11 Apr 2014 12:30 #628702

• 650mod
  • User
  • Thank you received: 48
Such a gorgeous ride. You absolutely nailed it on this one. Awesome work :)
78 kz 650 custom
Wiseco 720cc big bore
Dynajet stage 3 carb kit with pods
2002 Kawasaki Z750 exhaust
2001 Buell lightning front end
1999 Ninja 600 swingarm with 1999 Ninja 900 rear rim
converted to monoshock rear
Too many goodies to list fully

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 18 Apr 2014 13:35 #629513

• zed1015
  • User
Charging problem all sorted now with a Motobatt gell battery stuffed in the tail..
Lithium battery was a duffer.
Rang the supplier who instantly offered a full refund for both the battery and charger and was shocked when they said to chuck the battery in the bin and just return the charger :blink:
Obviously a common occurrence with these and I wouldn't recommend going near one again.

Went out for another 80 mile blast today and I've got to say that it runs and rides like a modern sports bike, gobsmacked with how it handles considering the mishmash of parts, it's rock solid in the turns and there are now no chicken strips left on the tyres, I could get in to a lot of trouble on this and wish I was a few years younger (and lighter) to take full advantage of it :cheer:

Last edit: by zed1015.

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 18 Apr 2014 14:58 #629525

• LarryC
  • User
  • Thank you received: 309

zed1015 wrote: Charging problem all sorted now with a Motobatt gell battery stuffed in the tail..
Lithium battery was a duffer.
Rang the supplier who instantly offered a full refund for both the battery and charger and was shocked when they said to chuck the battery in the bin and just return the charger :blink:
Obviously a common occurrence with these and I wouldn't recommend going near one again.

Went out for another 80 mile blast today and I've got to say that it runs and rides like a modern sports bike, gobsmacked with how it handles considering the mishmash of parts, it's rock solid in the turns and there are now no chicken strips left on the tyres, I could get in to a lot of trouble on this and wish I was a few years younger (and lighter) to take full advantage of it :cheer:

:laugh: :laugh: Hang on tight!
Larry C.

New project.1428 turbo or supercharged, Who knows? 22 Apr 2014 19:48 #630022

• hotrods316
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Man Zed thats awesome about the gel battery fixing the electrical issues. This bike just screams what is possible is these old bikes. I just hope that I can make my lunchmoney machine carbs can make me want to send my head to larry c when i get done with school and get a job that pays real money. Love to see an old school 2 valver done up!

Thanks and sorry for the hijack zed, but wanted to say thanks for the help on doing my carbs, havent had a chance to test it out yet.

Matt

Last edit: by Patton.