Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

79 KZ1000st cafed monoshock 21 May 2010 05:35 #369490

• greenmeany
  • greenmeany's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Took the bike out for another ride yesterday after lowering the preload on the rear. Rides really nice now, true and straight as an arrow. Seems to me the originall shock were way oversprung, as it is nowhere near as harsh as it used to be.
I also dug into the wiring harness and relocated the ingintion switch to the upper shock mount, outta sight. cleaned up the front end nicely. i am trying to make the ehadlight area as clean and free of junk as possible. I will next be purchasing an electronic gauge package, either a Vector, or a Koss. i like the look of the Koss ones a bit better.

Also, relaocated the rear master cylinder onto the rearset bracket so the action is more direct, no more linkage to make things sloppy. I can actually lock up the rear brake now, which is something I could never do on this bike before.

Anyways, just need to fab up some exhaust bracket, and do some more cosmetic stuff and she will be ready to roll. I would like to pull the motor and go to town on that, but that may have to wait until this winter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.