Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

things that plummen doesnt farm out 01 Feb 2009 17:14 #261586

• PLUMMEN
  • PLUMMEN's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 103
since my personal skill level has been brought into question i figured id go through it step by step for a couple people!:laugh: allright lets start with the 1st time around on this particular project,now make sure to take notes steell !lets see i didnt paint it or bore the cylinders myself but i did manage to polish and prep all the shiny parts before delivering them to the plater which saved me lots of money since i do my own polishing,yes thats every little shiny nut and bolt and part on there.;) i managed to check the crankshaft for straigtness and tig weld the pins all by my little self .;) i somehow managed to clean everything up including glassbeading the cases and assemble the bottem end all by myself.;) i some how managed to install the pistons and the little round things that go in the little grooves and even put the spirol loc things in all by myself!;) oh hell i forgot i traded somebody some work to do my valve job,but i did manage to do a mild porting job and assemble the head all by myself!;)and then i managed to get the head on the motor and finish assembling it all by myself!;) wow im a big boy now!:laugh: ok to the frame i managed to build a bracket to mount a rear mastercylinder from a 1980 kz1000 ltd with the remote resevoir mounted under seat cuz the regular mastercylinder with integral resevoir wont fit under z1 side cover,wow that was a hard one!:P then i managed to get the frame and bodywork to a friend who owed me a paintjob for some work i did for him,he couldnt bend conduit and i couldnt paint(are you keeping up here?)anyway i somehow managed to get everything assembled all by myself,wow what a big boy i am!:laugh:
Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:
Last edit: by PLUMMEN.
The topic has been locked.

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:36 #261588

• PLUMMEN
  • User
ok now lets see that looks like my dining room table,so im guessing im doing something to it.:laugh: oh yeah im figuring out how im going to mount the suzuki swingarm ;) .and look ive already removed the rear footpeg brackets and turn signal brackets and some extra tabs,getting it ready to have some welding done by solomrus because ive got a pacemaker and welding interferes with it if i do to much.;) can you say magnetic field mr happy?:laugh:
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:41 #261590

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
  • Thank you received: 11
PLUMMEN wrote:

alright lets start with the 1st time around on this particular project,now make sure to take notes steel !lets see i didn't paint it or bore the cylinders myself but i did manage to polish and prep all the shiny parts before delivering them to the plater which saved me lots of money since i do my own polishing,yes that's every little shiny nut and bolt and part on there.;) i managed to check the crankshaft for straightness and tig weld the pins all by my little self .;) i somehow managed to clean everything up including glass beading the cases and assemble the bottom end all by myself.;) i some how managed to install the pistons and the little round things that go in the little grooves and even put the spiral lock things in all by myself!;) oh hell i forgot i traded somebody some work to do my valve job,but i did manage to do a mild porting job and assemble the head all by myself!;)and then i managed to get the head on the motor and finish assembling it all by myself!;) wow im a big boy now!:laugh: ok to the frame i managed to build a bracket to mount a rear master cylinder from a 1980 kz1000 ltd with the remote reservoir mounted under seat because the regular master cylinder with integral reservoir wont fit under z1 side cover,wow that was a hard one!:P then i managed to get the frame and bodywork to a friend who owed me a paint job for some work i did for him,he couldn't bend conduit and i couldn't paint(are you keeping up here?)anyway i somehow managed to get everything assembled all by myself,wow what a big boy i am!:laugh:

please continue bigboy? :blink:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:42 #261591

• PLUMMEN
  • User
ok mr happy now its sitting in solomrus's garage waiting for him to do some more welding because of my little pacemaker issue,can you say pacemaker issue?:P anyway i did manage to make the templates for the gussets and even managed to cut them out all by myself using solomrus's shear.im really feeling like a big boy now!:P i bought a bunch of steel for solomrus to build a welding table and gave him lots of bigboy kawasaki parts in trade for doing my frame but there it still sat :( poor little frame,can you say traded for work that didnt get finished?sure you can!:P
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:44 #261592

• PLUMMEN
  • User
here my unhappy little frame sits in the basement of my shop while i try and figure out what do next,can you say what to do next?sure you can!:P
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:45 #261593

• PLUMMEN
  • User
here my poor little frame sits in kansas where things actually get done,can you say actually get done?:P
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:46 #261594

• PLUMMEN
  • User
here my little frame sits in kansas with the gusset plates i made with my own little hands from 14 ga mild steel tacked in place !can you say 14 ga mild steel gussets made by my own little hands tacked in place?sure you can :P
Attachments:
Last edit: by PLUMMEN.

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:48 #261595

• Bad Kaw
  • User
  • Flying Squirell
  • Thank you received: 13
Cool stuff!
You know I'm cheating off you when you're done, don't ya! :)
-KR
78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:51 #261596

• PLUMMEN
  • User
i didnt get to make the tubing gussets for the downtubes myself,because i was a bad boy and had to go to work and fix the big pipes in peoples houses.can you say bad boy had to work?:P
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 17:56 #261598

• PLUMMEN
  • User
i didnt get to machine these myself,but i did get to draw the purty little picture and make lots of little numbers on the paper.can you say purty little picture and lots of numbers?:P
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 18:03 #261599

• PLUMMEN
  • User
heres another project i managed to build thegussets all by myself on this one also,can you say all by myself also mr happy professor?:P
Attachments:

things that plummen does on his projects 01 Feb 2009 18:03 #261600

• PLUMMEN
  • User
  • Page: