Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

update on my 650 chopper 26 Apr 2008 18:35 #209338

• Kingcobra
  • Kingcobra's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
couple more

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

update on my 650 chopper 27 Apr 2008 13:53 #209554

• tankdog78
  • User
that bike is sick.

keep up with the updatesB)
Whole lot of workin not alot of riding.

update on my 650 chopper 29 Apr 2008 20:16 #210183

• emc customs
  • User
  • EMC chop squad
nice chop I posted picks of mine in the new member thread check it out it is called bike builder in va
extreme motorcycle concepts
30008 W mercury blvd
hampton VA. 23666
www.extrememotorcycleconcepts.com
www.myspace/extrememotorcycleconcepts.com

update on my 650 chopper 29 Apr 2008 21:27 #210192

• Beatpoet
  • User
I think someone forgot their meds this week! Open wide and say 'aaaaah.' :ohmy:

Kingcobra wrote:

"could be a uh oh"???

what does that mean? are you implying that I didn't pay attention to what I was doing? give me a dam break do you honestly think I got it this far by being that fucking stupid? I have been riding it with the clutch lever on the bars and the hand shifter for well over a year. I'm not explaining how it works as it wouldn't take a genius to figure out the process. you people DO ride motorcycles don't you?

update on my 650 chopper 30 Apr 2008 07:38 #210285

• galaxian
  • User
wildh20skier wrote this:

There are many of us here who are more chopper oriented than most.
I personnally like to laugh at all the repli-racers on here who think a bike with clubmans
is custom and/or fast.
At least your bike isn't trying to be something it isn't.

Um...he made a chopper out of a standard. Do you know what a standard UJM is? Its NOT a chopper. So he
is trying to be something that he (the bike) isnt. Bikes of the 70's are sort of like muscle cars. They have
Chrome, they are heavy, they are beutiful, they are steel, they are some what fast (not compared to todays bikes of course) they have great paint jobs and stripes, they are upright riding position, they use shocks that are outdated and chromed. BUT THEY ARE NOT CHOPPERS, I repeat not choppers.

And to your second part the repli-racer. What do you think the 650 was back in the day. IT was the REPLI-RACER of the time. Take a look at the AMA racers of the late 70's and see what they were racing at the time. Please dont make statements that are so off that they are ludacris. YOu can like choppers you can like standars and you can like sport bikes but you dont have to make fun or belittle anyone in the process. Oh and by the way my 79-"Repli-Racer" is actualy called a CUSTOM according to he Kawasaki nomenclature which you obviously didnt read.

And if you are so chopper oriented why would you own a kz?? To replicate a chopper which is associated with being a v twin??? I am confuzzeled by your statemnts.
1977 KZ1000A1, 1979 KZ650 C3

Last edit: by galaxian.

update on my 650 chopper 30 Apr 2008 18:07 #210367

• Kingcobra
  • Kingcobra's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
FUCK v twins. twins are for lawnmowers!

update on my 650 chopper 30 Apr 2008 21:58 #210397

• badboie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
look dude. you have a sick ass bike. but you need to know one thing here. Even though we here are generaly a kawasaki site and welcome anyone that has one we dont need to hear ppl swearing it up and getting their panties in a knot. I haven't read anywere by anyone talking crap about your bike. So turn it down a notch and take it easy man. We love to watch this project grow I'm guessing.

Also to Galaxian... a chopper is NOT just a V-twin. A chopper is a bike that has raked forks, lowered, etc. Here is a tidbit from wikipedia:

"When individuals were stripping their stock motorcycles and bobbing their fenders, the term "bobber" was born. When individuals started cutting (or chopping) and welding their frames thereby repositioning/restyling them, the term "chopper" was born. Chopping was the next phase in the evolution that followed dirt track bobbing. While people assume that the chopper style motorcycles were built purely for aesthetics, there is a real performance advantage to the raked front end on these choppers. These motorcycles have a much more stable feel at high speeds and in a straight line than motorcycles with original factory front suspensions. However, like any other modification, there is a downside: the raked front end feels heavier and less responsive at slow speeds or in curves and turns. This is due to the longer trail measurement associated with increased rake."

So, even though the "chopper" idea started with harley or indian, the term "Chopper" is a meaning when somone rakes and chopes their bike. so please take your own advise and "Please dont make statements that are so off that they are ludacris."

sorry I just had too.

Josh

Last edit: by badboie.

update on my 650 chopper 01 May 2008 06:16 #210426

• galaxian
  • User
Badboie,

re-read my post. I was slaming the dude that posted that crack about kz's being repli racers and how they are a joke by trying to be something they are not. MY point was that making a chopper out of a Kz is also trying to be somenthing the bike is not.

I said nothing bad about the chopper being built in this post at all.

How much clearer can i make it?
1977 KZ1000A1, 1979 KZ650 C3

update on my 650 chopper 01 May 2008 10:20 #210464

• Locozuna
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
WOW! Thorazine for everyone! My treat! I think a Hockey game just broke out!!! Most of the points here elicit just one response "Who gives a flying copulation?!!!"! The response to "Uh Oh" was pretty over the top. Balif wack his PeePee!!! You love your bike? GOOD! Some other people will too...But hey others will not! FUNK them! Gonna start WWIII over it then FUNK you! Soon as you start sprouting history and what begat what...unless you were there it's all vapors! Damn kids!!!! (now I'm gonna get it!!) :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :kiss:
KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

update on my 650 chopper 01 May 2008 13:54 #210496

• leboeuf
  • User
Pretty funny Loco, pretty funny.... How about diazapam... Rabble rabble rabble...
Pretty cool drop seat chop btw B)
Is that a cattle guard-stabber in front of your headers?

Last edit: by leboeuf.

update on my 650 chopper 01 May 2008 14:00 #210501

• Six9GS
  • User
All,
I think (and hope) that I am about to say something that the silent majority of KZ forum members agree on.

First off, please, EVERYONE, try to adopt a more civil tone and don't assume such cynicism from posts. We come here to share. Not to bombast others.

I really like the chopper project, although choppers are not my bailiwick. It is delightful to see the work, imagination and art that is being put into building this bike. Just because personally I am not into choppers does not mean I can't be awed and impressed by them. Same with those who transform their KZ into a screamin' crotch racer. Not my style either, but I appreciate the KZ members who post their projects with them. I find it amazing how imaginative and resourceful KZ owners are at taking these old motorcycles and transforming them into something more. It is a testament to the old KZ's and the owners. Cool stuff dudes (and dudettes!).

The problem with text based communication is a lack of meaning. The statement "I love an Old KZ rider." can be interpreted from a blatant insult to a really nice compliment. That's one of the reasons emoticons (smiley faces) have become so popular in text forums. It helps to convey the meaning behind the words. Additionally, many of us, me included, are not professional writers and may not do a perfect job of choosing our words to convey what we specifically mean to say. Leniency, tolerance and civility of others in general is my personal guidelines when reading and posting. I try anyway. When I read something in a post that angers me, I assume that I misunderstood what was trying to be said. I've learned that if I treat someone like they are being a jerk, then I become a jerk too and I do not have to if I chose not to.

One more thing, I personally would appreciate it if the use of curse words were eliminated. Absolutely anything and everything that can and should be said in this forum can be said without having to curse.

Kingcobra, thanks for sharing your project. However, how does one use a suicide shifter (I think that's the proper terminology) with a hand clutch? I just don't know? Ran429 in his post mentioned that you just use the clutch for takeoff and you powershift. Seems to me that if you were stopped it would be awkward to put it in neutral with the engine running. Is that it? On my 650, you can not kick-start it unless the clutch is disengaged. How do you kick-start it, put in the clutch and then put it in gear?

Thanks for all folks. Hope you are all having a marvy day!!

Terry!

update on my 650 chopper 01 May 2008 21:01 #210581

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
the switch can be altered easily for starting it, cut wires and solder together (really short), going into neutral at a stop is easy, just reach over with the throttle hand and pop it into neutral.
It would just take some getting used to by the rider.

A person can actually downshift gears without a clutch also, just pop throttle and hit the gear at the correct time and it will slide right on in.
This is a bad ass chopper and its coming along very well.