Hi Guys... New member! 22 Sep 2016 20:10 #743263

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member
  • Ride it like u stole it
  • Thank you received: 104

rstnick wrote: Welcome!

I'll ride with triples.
;)

As my friends used to say, welcome to ride with us but keep your triple in the back of the line
First Permanent ride the Z1R since Dec1977 (220,000km) as of June 2015
Second permanent bike 1989 FJ1200 dyno'd 140RWH, great bike.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, getting new/ refurbished 83-84 motor soon
Forth my work bike FJ1200 1989 (same type as above)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Z1KZH1H2_760

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Guys... New member! 23 Sep 2016 09:37 #743314

• Z1KZH1H2_760
  • Z1KZH1H2_760's Avatar Topic Author
  • Vendor
  • Vintage Japanese Motorcycles and Parts!
  • Thank you received: 22
HAHA thanks man ! :laugh: :laugh:

Those are two insane looking bikes, awesome!

I'll be posting some more bikes soon.

Thanks for sharing those beauties with us they look great.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hi Guys... New member! 23 Sep 2016 12:22 #743323

• MDZ1rider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 118
Welcome. I had a 74 H2 with Dencos on it. I always told people opening it up was like firing a gun. Make sure you've got a clear path in front of you, because like a bullet, you ain't turning or stopping once you pull the trigger. I'd say I regret selling it, but then I regret selling every bike I've ever owned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Z1KZH1H2_760

Hi Guys... New member! 23 Sep 2016 15:12 #743332

• Z1KZH1H2_760
  • Vendor
B) B) Awesome !!

Yes, it's hard to let these go once you got them.
Must have been hard to say goodbye.

Yeah these babies Sound great when we turn them on..

There's so little of these beauties left we gotta hold on to whatever we can find.
There are still some out there, I'm sure you'll run into one soon.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hi Guys... New member! 23 Sep 2016 19:29 #743352

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611
There's a 500 out here. His wife won't let him ride it and he won't sell it. I can see him watching as I ride away. Everytime I see him he asks how the bike is running. Great I say. I can see it in his eyes he's miserable. :(
I wouldn't let it happen to me. :woohoo:
Steve

Hi Guys... New member! 23 Sep 2016 21:14 #743361

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member

Z1KZH1H2_760 wrote: B) B) Awesome !!

There's so little of these beauties left we gotta hold on to whatever we can find.

Ah, dencos, I also had these pipes on my mk3. I also had a very loud (louder then Denco) 3-1 went ok but not as good topend. Stop this guys my memories are returning, Annealing head gaskets rattles vibration and incredible power for a poofteen of a second. I eventually sold mine with 60K klms for the greater Z1R.
Third ride is now the Frankenstein 1981 GPZ1100B1, getting new/ refurbished 83-84 motor soon

Hi Guys... New member! 24 Sep 2016 14:32 #743428

• Kray-Z
  • User
  • I need more power Scotty....
  • Thank you received: 107
The last time I "had" one of the "Widow Makers" was 1986. In 1982, my 60 yr. old uncle Tony had asked me to come over to his house to clean out his garage and yard (he offered 50 bucks, and I was a broke 15 year old with too much spare time, so...).

I worked like a dog all weekend, and finished up on Sunday afternoon. His next door neighbor (another old fart) saw all this and came over to ask if I would clean out his garage too, the following weekend, only he wasn't going to pay me. In fact he wanted me to pay him $20! Before I stopped laughing at him, he said "I here you like motorcycles?"

Turns out his estranged son had filled up his garage with numerous carcasses of old bikes of all sorts before disappearing off the face of the earth. The old guy was offering a "clearance sale" to me. Get the stuff out of his garage, clean up, and I could keep what ever I found for $20. Well, there were some new tires I could see right away that were worth more than $20.

By the time I had carted away the 5th pick-up load, I had:
  • 3 partial Kawasaki H1's that had been used for drag racing, with 3 complete engines, all with blown middle pistons, but strangely all 3 bikes had no front forks, instruments, or bodywork of any kind?????
    1 Kawsaki H2 engine that was complete except the heads, and a bare H2 frame
    1 RD400 frame, bare suspension, carburetors, and crankcase
    1 Iron AMF Harley Sportster, in numerous boxes and old fruit packing crates, missing the tank, seat, front end, and wheels
    Most of the parts from an RD350LC engine, except the carbs, barrels and head
    And beautifully polished engine covers, a barrel, and a cylinder head from a Triumph 650
    and boxes and boxes of new hardware (some was Whitworth), random engine parts, tires, brake shoes......

Over the next few years, I used, sold, or otherwise got rid of all the parts and bikes, and ended up scrapping most of what was left when I had to move in 1986....looking back, I should have at least tried to save one of those H1's....
2-04 R1, 81 CSR1000, 81 LTD1000, 2-83 GPz1100, 3-79CBX, 81 CBX, 3-XS650, 84 Venture, +parts
Quote "speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?" (Which Z movie?)
Universal formula for how many motorcycles one should own = n + 1, where n is how many motorcycles you own right now....

Hi Guys... New member! 26 Sep 2016 13:44 #743617

• Z1KZH1H2_760
  • Vendor

swest wrote: There's a 500 out here. His wife won't let him ride it and he won't sell it. I can see him watching as I ride away. Everytime I see him he asks how the bike is running. Great I say. I can see it in his eyes he's miserable. :(
Steve

Hahaa... aw man.
That sucks ! B) I'm sure she'll come around.

He can take her on a romantic ride down the coast here in California. B)

Hi Guys... New member! 26 Sep 2016 13:46 #743619

• Z1KZH1H2_760
  • Vendor

Bozo wrote:

Z1KZH1H2_760 wrote: B) B) Awesome !!

Ah, dencos, I also had these pipes on my mk3. I also had a very loud (louder then Denco) 3-1 went ok but not as good topend. Stop this guys my memories are returning, Annealing head gaskets rattles vibration and incredible power for a poofteen of a second. I eventually sold mine with 60K klms for the greater Z1R.

Going down memory lane... sounds like good times !
We got some Z1rs as well.. will be shooting some pictures soon.

Hi Guys... New member! 26 Sep 2016 13:48 #743620

• Z1KZH1H2_760
  • Vendor

Kray-Z wrote: The last time I "had" one of the "Widow Makers" was 1986. In 1982, my 60 yr. old uncle Tony had asked me to come over to his house to clean out his garage and yard (he offered 50 bucks, and I was a broke 15 year old with too much spare time, so...).

I worked like a dog all weekend, and finished up on Sunday afternoon. His next door neighbor (another old fart) saw all this and came over to ask if I would clean out his garage too, the following weekend, only he wasn't going to pay me. In fact he wanted me to pay him $20! Before I stopped laughing at him, he said "I here you like motorcycles?"

Turns out his estranged son had filled up his garage with numerous carcasses of old bikes of all sorts before disappearing off the face of the earth. The old guy was offering a "clearance sale" to me. Get the stuff out of his garage, clean up, and I could keep what ever I found for $20. Well, there were some new tires I could see right away that were worth more than $20.

By the time I had carted away the 5th pick-up load, I had:

• 3 partial Kawasaki H1's that had been used for drag racing, with 3 complete engines, all with blown middle pistons, but strangely all 3 bikes had no front forks, instruments, or bodywork of any kind?????
    1 Kawsaki H2 engine that was complete except the heads, and a bare H2 frame
    1 RD400 frame, bare suspension, carburetors, and crankcase
    1 Iron AMF Harley Sportster, in numerous boxes and old fruit packing crates, missing the tank, seat, front end, and wheels
    Most of the parts from an RD350LC engine, except the carbs, barrels and head
    And beautifully polished engine covers, a barrel, and a cylinder head from a Triumph 650
    and boxes and boxes of new hardware (some was Whitworth), random engine parts, tires, brake shoes......

Over the next few years, I used, sold, or otherwise got rid of all the parts and bikes, and ended up scrapping most of what was left when I had to move in 1986....looking back, I should have at least tried to save one of those H1's....

Wow !! That is amazing. Sounds like you were very lucky to find all of those goodies.

Yeah saving one of those H1s would have been a nice little project,

They really are beautiful once restored. :)

Hi Guys... New member! 26 Sep 2016 13:56 #743622

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2611

Z1KZH1H2_760 wrote:

swest wrote: There's a 500 out here. His wife won't let him ride it and he won't sell it. I can see him watching as I ride away. Everytime I see him he asks how the bike is running. Great I say. I can see it in his eyes he's miserable. :(
Steve

Hahaa... aw man.

I'm afraid that's not possible. She dresses out at about 300 and he has a ring in his nose. She doesn't like me so he talks to me when she's not looking. It's depressing to watch. :(
Steve

Hi Guys... New member! 26 Sep 2016 21:12 #743666

• Bozo
  • Sustaining Member

swest wrote:

Z1KZH1H2_760 wrote:

Steve

Hahaa... aw man.

I'm afraid that's not possible. She dresses out at about 300 and he has a ring in his nose. She doesn't like me so he talks to me when she's not looking. It's depressing to watch. :(
Steve

Was that comment meant to to be she "stresses at 300, at 300kph on a Mach3 I would be stressing - just kidding :laugh: :laugh: :evil: