Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New to the forum and KZ's 23 Jul 2016 21:35 #736025

• EDD88
  • EDD88's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey there I just recently picked up a 1981 kz750e for $700. I'm a new rider so this is my first bike. I'm also a truck driver so I wasn't able to ride it too much before heading on the road.
It does have a 5 gallon Harley split tank on It and a Springer seat, not a fan of the seat at all honestly.
I guess looking for input and maybe ideas. Didn't come with the original tank or seat. Does need a new ignition switch, has a screwdriver as a key for now.

i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenag...1442_zpszpqeqyed.jpg
i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm100/teenag...1441_zpsunshg86v.jpg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by EDD88.

New to the forum and KZ's 24 Jul 2016 06:07 #736038

• GPzMOD750
  • User
  • Thank you received: 148

EDD88 wrote: Hey there I just recently picked up a 1981 kz750e for $700. I'm a new rider so this is my first bike. I'm also a truck driver so I wasn't able to ride it too much before heading on the road.
It does have a 5 gallon Harley split tank on It and a Springer seat, not a fan of the seat at all honestly.
I guess looking for input and maybe ideas. Didn't come with the original tank or seat. Does need a new ignition switch, has a screwdriver as a key for now.

Welcome.

That's different.

Tri650 is selling an ingnition switch kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/603312-198...z-750-parts-for-sale.

The seat should be pretty easy to find on ebay. you might have some fitment issues with that tank. The tank might be a little harder to find but not impossible.

Last edit: by GPzMOD750.

New to the forum and KZ's 24 Jul 2016 07:26 #736041

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2620
Welcom. I've thought about a "Fat Bob" tank but I didn't want to ruin the bike with HD parts. I like the 5 gallons though. :whistle:
Steve

New to the forum and KZ's 24 Jul 2016 07:52 #736044

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Am suspecting that many folks will think as I do that the bike looks just fine as is.

But wondering about whether there's enough suspension-springing under the rear of the seat to add more comfort during longer rides.

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

New to the forum and KZ's 24 Jul 2016 19:13 #736109

• EDD88
  • User

GPzMOD750 wrote:
Welcome.

That's different.

Tri650 is selling an ingnition switch kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/603312-198...z-750-parts-for-sale.

The seat should be pretty easy to find on ebay. you might have some fitment issues with that tank. The tank might be a little harder to find but not impossible.

Thanks. I'm not sure I want an original seat but just something more comfortable. Its got a good width but the front of the seat feels a little too wide for my taste. Maybe I will try a stock one with a little trimming to fit.

New to the forum and KZ's 24 Jul 2016 19:15 #736110

• EDD88
  • User

swest wrote: Welcom. I've thought about a "Fat Bob" tank but I didn't want to ruin the bike with HD parts. I like the 5 gallons though. :whistle:
Steve

Lol yeah someone tried real hard to make it look like a Harley with the tank and welding in the screamin eagles tips.

New to the forum and KZ's 24 Jul 2016 19:17 #736111

• EDD88
  • User

Patton wrote: Am suspecting that many folks will think as I do that the bike looks just fine as is.

But wondering about whether there's enough suspension-springing under the rear of the seat to add more comfort during longer rides.

Good Fortune! :)

I believe it's just the way it's mounted cause if I remember all 3 springs are the same length. I do like the overall look of the bike but thinking of changing the Orange color to something else.

• Page: