• Page:

TOPIC:

Hello everybody! 03 Feb 2016 19:48 #709301

• thereedj
  • thereedj's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • This text is... PERSONAL
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello fellow riders, mechanics, motorcycle enthusiasts, and overall awesome people!

I'm Reed. I'm in Canada, and I've been working on a KZ 440 that's been hard tailed.

(I know this page is for introductions, but I don't have much to say about myself other than explaining my current situation... so I hope you don't mind me doing both).

Because of my KZ440 work, I've obtained a small excess of KZ 440 parts, almost enough to build me another bike... Yet I already know spending the time and money to rebuild an existing engine wouldn't be worth it for me.

Therefore, I'm thinking of buying an engine with carb and hopefully exhaust system if I ever find one in this great white north.

Other than that, I mostly study in university. I was apprenticing under a motorcycle mechanic for a while thinking that'd be my career path, but I've since changed my mind unfortunately.

That being said, I've been looking forward to joining this forum for a while... and figured because I didn't have much to say about myself (being an non-experienced rider) that I'd use my welcome message to also try and find out how many, or what kinds of motors will fit my KZ440A frame (other than KZ400 & KZ440's).

P.S. I'm the type that is slightly better with wiring... which doesn't exactly say much, but you guys may see me asking a few questions before I throw a wiring harness in my hard tailed bike. I just wired the ignition system to make sure that works, but am going to undo that work so that I can throw a stock wiring harness in there.

Expect me to be asking how the harness is routed through the bike, as well as where it grounds to hopefully sometime soon!

Also, in all my experience, I apparently don't know what a distance sensor, is,does or looks like!

P.P.S. Any links to pods that go well with my model would be greatly appreciated! I already have some, but they don't fit tight enough for my liking!

P.P.P.S. I'm also sorry for throwing so many questions into this. I will gladly split it up into different threads if needed, but from my experience in forums, the welcome page is often the first and only place one can post in right away. :whistle:
SIGNED, THE KOLD KID

P.S. KZ is spelled KAY ZED RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello everybody! 04 Feb 2016 03:14 #709317

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2614
Welcome.
Pics?
Steve

Hello everybody! 05 Feb 2016 16:15 #709625

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
Welcome Reed.
What part of Canada are you in?

I'm not familiar with the kz400/440s, so am of not much help in engine advice.

There is a kz400 twins forum that is really good.

www.kz400.com/index.html
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Hello everybody! 10 Feb 2016 16:03 #710336

• thereedj
  • thereedj's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • This text is... PERSONAL
  • Thank you received: 0
As requested by Steve...swest:

Above is an attempt to link a photo of my bike in it's current state... I made a mount for my fender and tail lights.... but I also had to take a sunny opportunity to paint it.

It won't be in a fully assembled state for a while.

If that link doesn't work, I've attached the image.

Welcome Reed.
What part of Canada are you in?

I'm not familiar with the kz400/440s, so am of not much help in engine advice.

There is a kz400 twins forum that is really good.

www.kz400.com/index.html

Hey Rstnick, I'm nearish to Vancouver. You?

I've been to that site... I'll have to double check it.
SIGNED, THE KOLD KID

P.S. KZ is spelled KAY ZED RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!
Attachments:

Hello everybody! 14 Feb 2016 06:07 #710651

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 373
I'm in Ontario Reed, near Toronto.
Vancouver is a nice area, I visited about 20 years back.
I hear it doesn't get quite as cold in the Winter there as it does here, that's a good thing.
Felt like -41*C/F here yesterday morning. :pinch:
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• Page: